November 2023 News and Notes
Welcome to new board member Sandra Lusk! Sandra is the Purchase Area President. Congratulations to all areas for hosting successful and informative Area Annual Meetings, as well as to the state board for a productive Fall Board Meeting in Lexington.
Renew Your Membership – Fall is membership drive time for KEHA. The current membership campaign says the “Keys to Membership” are the three Rs: Recruit – get a plus one, Retain – value members and engage, and Repeat – continue to grow. Each time a county gets three new members (above the previous year total), the county will be entered into a drawing. More information about the campaign and possible prizes is available on the membership campaign webpage.
Gift Membership – Did you know you could give the gift of KEHA membership? A gift certificate card template is available on the website for those who want to cover the dues of a new recruit. Be sure to share how the potential new member could benefit from being a KEHA member – and also let them know why KEHA is important to you!
Dues Collection – Counties are encouraged to have a dues deadline no later than Dec. 1. Dues payment and the remittance form (KEHA Manual Appendix page 16) should be mailed to the area and state treasurers by Dec. 15. They are delinquent if not received by Dec. 31. Counties that are delinquent will not be permitted to have voting delegates and rights to vote at the 2023 state business meeting.
Forms – Make sure you are using the most current KEHA forms from the Manual and Appendix. Older forms may have incorrect names, emails, and addresses. For up-to-date forms and Manual information, visit https://keha.ca.uky.edu/content/keha-manual.
KEHA Merchandise – The KEHA website and merchandise order form has been updated to reflect items currently in inventory. New items include a two-handed potholder, a sewing kit, a toothpick holder, a whisk, and a collapsible bowl. These are in addition to the grocery bag, car coasters, regular coaster, mug, cups, and more. View photos, access the order form, and find contact information for Julie Hook, KEHA 2nd Vice President, online under Marketing and Recruiting, Marketing Items.
Nominate a Candidate for KEHA State Board – Be on the lookout for possible state nominees! Encourage candidates to consider applying. The following KEHA state officer and chair positions will be open for election in spring of 2024:
- Second Vice President
- Cultural Arts & Heritage Chair
- Family & Individual Development Chair
- International Chair
These positions will be elected for three-year terms from July 1, 2024, to June 30, 2027, with the exception of president-elect. The president-elect serves a one-year term is from July 1, 2024, to June 30, 2025, at which time she or he will transition to president for a three-year term. Additional details regarding elections will be shared in January 2024. Qualifications for nominees are listed on page 12 of the Handbook.
2024 State Meeting – Next year’s KEHA State Meeting will take place May 7-9, 2024, at Sloan Convention Center and Holiday Inn University Plaza in Bowling Green. The theme is “Blazing the Way with KEHA.” Fort Harrod Area will serve as the host area. Reserve your hotel room now in the KEHA group block! The group rate is $126/night (1-2 people; scaled pricing for more people per room). Details are on the State Meeting webpage.
Dates to Remember
- Dec. 15 – County dues due to the KEHA State Treasurer and Area Treasurer (use remittance form found in the KEHA Manual Appendix page 16). Please send remittance to Patsy Kinman, KEHA Treasurer, 310 Falmouth St., Williamstown, KY 41097.
- Dec. 31 – Dues deadline. Any county that does not submit state dues by this date will not be eligible to vote at the 2024 KEHA Business Meeting in May.
- Dec. 31 – Deadline for fundraising-based recognitions (ovarian cancer fundraising, KEHA scholarship contributions, Coins for Change contributions, etc.) Awards will be based upon funds forwarded to the KEHA state treasurer with state dues and noted on the remittance form.
- Dec. 31 – County Membership Recognition Reports (including 50-year member and deceased member lists) due to Area President or Vice-President (see KEHA Manual Appendix page 17).
- Jan. 15 – County membership database/updates due via the web-based system.
- Jan. 15 – KEHA Newsletter Deadline – Information due to KEHA 2nd Vice-President.