KEHA News & Notes – April 13, 2021
2021 KEHA Newsletter – The KEHA newsletter is now online! Access at www.keha.org via Quick Links. The newsletter includes all of the details for the upcoming KEHA State Meeting as well as information about upcoming deadlines, state officer elections, and more. Mailed copies should be arriving soon!
2021 KEHA State Meeting – Adventure Awaits and KEHA leaders are excited to move forward with plans for State Meeting June 22-23, 2021 at the Sloan Convention Center and Holiday Inn University Plaza in Bowling Green! Registration is now open. Anyone can send registration at this time, but only registration from current state board members, candidates for state officer and chair positions, and two voting delegates per county will be processed through May 10th. Beginning May 11th, registrations from all will be processed in the order received and within capacity limits. Registration must be postmarked by May 24th to avoid late fees. The late fee must be paid for all registrations mailed from May 25th to June 7th. All registrations must be postmarked no later than June 7th. A fillable PDF version of the registration form is available at this link. Review the State Meeting Fast Facts online for more information about registration and tips for attendees this year.
2021 KEHA State Elections - The cancellation of the 2020 KEHA State Meeting has increased the number of state-level positions open for election in 2021. Credentials are sought for a total of eleven positions. The following positions will be elected with terms to begin at the time of election and end June 30, 2023: 1st Vice President; Treasurer; Marketing & Publicity Chair; Environment, Housing & Energy Chair; Food, Nutrition & Health Chair; and Leadership Development Chair. The following positions will be elected for three-year terms from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2024: 2nd Vice President; Cultural Arts and Heritage Chair; Family and Individual Development Chair; and International Chair. In addition, a President-elect will be elected to serve from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022 in this capacity and then transition to President from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2025. Credentials for all positions must be postmarked no later than May 22, 2021 and sent by certified mail. Details are available on the KEHA website.
KEHA State Meeting Lodging – Lodging rooms are available at the Holiday Inn University Plaza. The conference rate is $119 plus tax for standard rooms. For reservations by phone, please call 270-745-0088 and request the KYX rate. To make your reservation online, use the link available on the KEHA website on the State Meeting page. Reservations must be made by May 22, 2021 to secure the conference rate.
KEHA Merchandise Available - The KEHA website and merchandise order form have been updated to reflect items currently in inventory. For orders of 1 to 2 embroidered cloth face masks ($7 each), shipping is $1. View photos, access the merchandise order form, and find contact information for Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President on the KEHA website in the Marketing and Recruiting section.
National Volunteer Outreach Network (NVON) Conference – Did you know that KEHA is hosting the National Volunteer Outreach Network Conference in Owensboro July 20-22? Any KEHA member is eligible to register and attend! Review the conference schedule, registration details, and more via the NVON website at this link. Join fellow KEHA members and attendees from eight additional NVON states to celebrate the organization’s 25th anniversary!
Dates to Remember:
- May 10 – Cutoff date for priority registration for current state board members, candidates for state officer and chair positions, and two voting delegates from each county.
- May 11 – Processing begins for registrations outside priority groups. Registrations will be processed in the order received and within capacity limits.
- May 22 – Postmark deadline for KEHA State Officer and Chairman candidate credentials. Remember that credentials must be sent certified mail.
- May 22 – Deadline for State Meeting hotel reservations at the conference rate.
- May 24 – Postmark deadline to submit State Meeting registration and avoid late fees.
- June 7 – Final postmark deadline for KEHA State Meeting registration.
- June 16 – Postmark deadline for National Volunteer Outreach Network (NVON) Conference registration at the regular rates.
- June 22-23 – KEHA State Meeting in Bowling Green, KY.
- June 22 – Deadline for NVON Conference room reservations at the Hampton Inn Downtown in Owensboro, KY.
- June 28 - Deadline for NVON Conference room reservations at the Holiday Inn Riverfront in Owensboro, KY.
- July 20-22 – National Volunteer Outreach (NVON) Conference hosted by KEHA in Owensboro, KY.