Special Edition News and Notes Oct. 15, 2021
- Board Vacancy – The KEHA State Board continues to have a vacancy for Leadership Development Educational Chairman. The board has issued a second call for credentials. The position description and the KEHA State Chairman Nomination Form are posted online. Credentials must be sent by certified mail to KEHA Secretary Judy Jackson, postmarked no later than Nov. 12 to be considered. Qualified members are encouraged to apply.
- Nominations Sought for Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild – The Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild is dedicated to honoring farm women and promoting agriculture in Kentucky. The Guild is currently accepting membership nominations from all Extension areas. A person recognized as a Kentucky Master Farm Homemaker:
- Is a member in good standing of the Kentucky Extension Homemakers Association and has been a member at least three years (mailbox members are eligible);
- Is a farm woman who owns a working farm and is included in the labor and/or management of the farm;
- Derives a percentage of the family income from the farm operation;
- Is knowledgeable and supportive of the Cooperative Extension Service;
- Gives unselfish service to her family, community, state and nation; and
- Is nominated from the club, county and/or district where KEHA membership is held.
The County Info Sheet and details regarding the new member selection process are available on the Master Farm Homemakers Guild web page. County nominees should complete and submit the County Information form by Nov. 15.