KEHA Dues Deadlines
The KEHA state remittance form and dues are due to the state treasurer in December. Dues payment and the remittance form (KEHA Appendix, page 19) are due by December 15 and are delinquent if not submitted by December 31. Mail with a check made payable to KEHA to Harlene Welch, 1730 Pedro Pike, Cynthiana, KY 41031.
KEHA Membership Drive Awards
The KEHA membership drive awards are based upon your county’s December dues remittance. The county with the greatest percentage increase in membership will receive the Ms. E. Go award and $300. The county with the greatest increase in the number of members will receive the Ms. Way to Go award and $300.
2018-2019 KEHA Reports
The 2018-2019 KEHA reports are now available on the KEHA website. Access the membership report, along with educational chairman and area president reports, on the KEHA Reports page.
2020 KEHA State Elections
KEHA will be seeking nominees for six positions in the spring. Positions to be elected include 1st Vice President; Treasurer; Marketing & Publicity Chair; Environment, Housing & Energy Chair; Food, Nutrition & Health Chair; and Leadership Development Chair. Job descriptions for these positions are available on the KEHA website in the “State Board” section. Credentials will be due by March 21, 2020. Watch for additional information in the spring.
2020 KEHA State Meeting
Planning continues for the 2020 KEHA State Meeting to be held April 21-23, 2020, at the Owensboro Convention Center. Lodging room blocks at the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn, both located adjacent to the convention center, are now open for reservations. The room rate at Hampton Inn is $129 per night + tax and includes breakfast daily. To reserve by phone, call 270-685-2005 and request the KEHA rate. Reservations may also be made online, and the link is posted on the KEHA website under the “State Meeting” tab. The room rate at the Holiday Inn is $134 + tax and includes breakfast daily. To reserve by phone, call 270-638-1111 and request the KEHA conference rate. Reservations may also be made online, and the link is posted on the KEHA website under the “State Meeting” tab.
KEHA Membership Recognitions
The KEHA Membership Recognition Report is due February 1 (see KEHA Manual, Appendix, page 18). For membership tenure recognition, only those reaching the denoted milestone this year should be included in the report. Send to Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 103 Highland Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004. The report may also be submitted electronically at 2019-2020 KEHA Membership Recognition Report.
KEHA Development Grants
KEHA development grants provide areas and counties with the opportunity to obtain funding for projects. Applications must be submitted by KEHA members. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 107-111, and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Applications must be submitted by March 1st. Send to Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 103 Highland Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004.
KEHA Mini-Grants for Study or Research
Kentucky offers mini-grants of up to $500 for study or research. Applications may be submitted by KEHA members, FCS agents, or FCS specialists. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 104-106, and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Applications must be submitted by March 1st. Send to Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 103 Highland Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004.
KEHA provides two educational scholarship programs:
- The Evans/Hansen/Weldon Scholarship is open to any full-time student attending a college or accredited undergraduate program in Kentucky and majoring in a Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Environmental Science degree program. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 94-98. Please promote this in your county. Applications are due by March 1st to Karen Yerkey, 6992 Hwy 1740, Hardinsburg, KY 40143-6182.
- The KEHA Homemaker Member Scholarship is open to KEHA members with a minimum of 3 years of active membership. The scholarship may be used for any college or university, as well as for a trade or technical school. It is intended for students pursuing their first degree or certification. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 99-102. Please share this with your members. Applications are due by March 1st to Karen Yerkey, 6992 Hwy 1740, Hardinsburg, KY 40143-6182.
Census Quilt Update
The Census Quilt continues traveling to libraries around the state. A booklet showcasing each quilt square and including a legend of the quilt square locations is now available on the KEHA website in the Quick Links Menu and the scrolling news feed. The listing of locations scheduled at this time are noted below. It will be at the first library listed for the first half of each month and at the second library listed for the remainder of the month.
- January – Oldham County Public Library and Graves County Public Library
- February – Jackson County Public Library and Wolfe County Public Library
- March – Rockcastle County Public Library and Kentucky State Capitol
- April – McLean County Public Library and KEHA State Meeting
- May – Union County Library and William B. Harlan Memorial Library (Monroe County)
- June – To Be Determined
- July – Lexington Public Library and Garrard County Public Library
- August – Pendleton County Public Library and Kentucky State Fair
Dates to Remember
- December 15 – County dues due to the KEHA State Treasurer and Area Treasurer (use remittance form found in the KEHA Manual, Appendix page 19)
- December 31 – Dues deadline. Any county that does not submit state dues by this date will not be eligible to vote at the 2020 KEHA Business Meeting in April.
- December 31 – Deadline date for fundraising-based recognitions (ovarian cancer fundraising, KEHA scholarship contributions, Coins for Change contributions). Awards will be based upon funds forwarded to the KEHA state treasurer with state dues and noted on the remittance form.
- February 1 – Due date for KEHA Membership Recognition Report
- Early February – KEHA State Newsletter available at www.keha.org
- March 1 – KEHA development grant, mini-grant, scholarship and contest entry deadline