2022 KEHA Newsletter – The KEHA Newsletter is now online! The newsletter includes all of the details for the upcoming KEHA State Meeting in May, as well as information about upcoming deadlines, state officer elections, and more. Mailed copies should be arriving very soon! An electronically fillable copy of the registration form can be found here.
2022 KEHA State Meeting – The state meeting will be May 10-12, 2022, at the Owensboro Convention Center. Visit the KEHA State Meeting website for information on making room reservations, registering for the event, and other details. Special hotel rates and discounted registration are available through April 11, 2022! The final deadline to register is April 25.
KEHA Website Updates – The KEHA website has been updated with new feature stories providing easy access to 2022 State Meeting details, state board election information, and March 1 deadline reminders. The quick links menu also has been updated to provide easy access to information most relevant for this spring.
2022 KEHA State Board Elections – Credentials will be sought for a total of four positions to be elected in May 2022: President, Secretary, 4-H Youth Development Chair, and Management and Safety Chair. All will serve from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2025. Job descriptions for these positions are available on the KEHA website in the “State Board” section. Candidates for President or Secretary must submit the KEHA State Officer Credential form. Candidates for 4-H Youth Development or Management and Safety Chair must submit the KEHA Chairman Credential form. Credentials must be sent certified mail and postmarked by April 9, 2022. Mail credentials to Judy Jackson, KEHA Secretary, 5770 Ellison-Mt. Zion Road, Dry Ridge, KY 41035.
2020-2021 KEHA Reports – The 2020-2021 KEHA reports are now available on the KEHA website. Access the educational chairman and area president reports on the KEHA Reports page.
Homemaker Showcase – Forms are due to Henrietta Sheffel by March 15. Each area is allowed to bring to State Meeting up to two displays that highlight a specific program that has been successful within the area. These may be club, county, or area projects. Each state educational chairman also can submit one showcase display.
KEHA Choir Sign-Ups – If you love to sing, join the KEHA Choir! The choir rehearses and performs at State Meeting. To join or to get more information, contact Wendy Hood, 859-613-2575 or email@example.com.
Quilt Square Showcase and Auction – The Quilt Square Showcase and Auction will return to the 2022 KEHA State Meeting! Members are invited to make a 12-inch finished quilt square for entry in the showcase and auction. Additional details are included in the KEHA Newsletter.
KEHA Contests – All due March 1:
- Creative Writing: poetry, memoirs, short story (Handbook 37-39) – Barbara Seiter, Cultural Arts & Heritage, 8669 Valley Circle Drive, Florence, KY 41042, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adopt-A-Highway awards (Handbook 49) – Linda Padgett, Environment, Housing & Energy Chairman, 11307 Lakeview Drive, Union, KY 41091, email@example.com
- Nurturing Families (Handbook 55) – Dottie Crouch, Family & Individual Development Chairman, 8851 Highway 55, Campbellsburg, KY 40011, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food, Nutrition & Health Awards: Ovarian Cancer Fundraising Contest and Promoting a Healthy KY Contest (Handbook 60) – Sharon Fields, Food, Nutrition & Health Chairman, 216 Cedarwood Drive, Greenup, KY 41144, email@example.com
- Homemakers Support 4-H (four award categories) (Handbook 64-65) – Cathy Kunkel-Mains, 4-H Youth Development Chairman, 13127 Madison Pike, Morning View, KY 41063, firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Contest and Awards (Handbook 73) – Marilyn Watson, International Chairman, 2286 Melwood Drive, Henderson, KY 42420, MJMW1315@twc.com
- Community Volunteerism Award (Handbook page 88) – Due to Ann Porter, Leadership Development Chairman, P.O. Box 88, Washington, KY 41096, email@example.com
KEHA Development Grants – KEHA development grants provide areas and counties with the opportunity to obtain funding for projects. Applications must be submitted by KEHA members. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 107-111, and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Applications must be sent by certified mail and postmarked by March 1. Send to Julie Hook, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 74 County Road 1021, Cunningham, KY 42035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEHA Mini-Grants for Study or Research – KEHA offers mini-grants of up to $500 for study or research. Applications may be submitted by KEHA members, FCS agents, or FCS specialists. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 104-106, and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Applications must be submitted by March 1. Send to Julie Hook, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 74 County Road 1021, Cunningham, KY 42035 or email@example.com.
KEHA Scholarships – KEHA provides two educational scholarship programs:
- The Evans/Hansen/Weldon Scholarship is open to any full-time student attending a college or accredited undergraduate program in Kentucky and majoring in a Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Environmental Science degree program. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 94-98 and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Please promote this in your county. Applications are due by March 1 to the KEHA Leadership Development Chair. Send to: Ann Porter, P.O. Box 88, Washington, KY 41096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The KEHA Homemaker Member Scholarship is open to KEHA members with a minimum of 3 years of active membership. The scholarship may be used for any college or university, as well as for a trade or technical school. It is intended for students pursuing their first degree or certification. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 99-102 and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Please share this with your members. Applications are due by March 1 to the KEHA Leadership Development Chair. Send to: Ann Porter, P.O. Box 88, Washington, KY 41096 or email@example.com.
Dates to Remember
- March 1 – KEHA development grant, mini-grant, scholarship, and contest entry deadline.
- March 15 – KEHA Showcase forms due.
- April 9 – Postmark deadline for KEHA State Board elections credentials.
- April 11 – Deadline for hotel reservations for the State Meeting.
- April 11 – Postmark deadline for State Meeting registration at the reduced fee.
- April 25 – Final postmark deadline for State Meeting registration.
- May 10-12 – KEHA State Meeting at Owensboro Convention Center.