KEHA Membership Recognitions: Several counties have not yet submitted the KEHA Membership Recognition Report (see KEHA Manual, Appendix, page 18). For membership tenure recognition, only those reaching the denoted milestone this year should be included on the report. Send to Marena Nelson, KEHA 2nd Vice President, P.O. Box 634, Martin, KY 41649-0634. The report may also be submitted electronically at 2017_18 KEHA Membership Recognition Report. Please submit via mail or using the link above as soon as possible.
2018 KEHA State Board Elections: KEHA will be seeking candidates for five state board positions this spring. Please encourage your leaders to consider the positions listed below.
- 2nd Vice President
- Cultural Arts and Heritage Chairman
- Family and Individual Development Chairman
- International Chairman
Duties for all positions are detailed in the KEHA Bylaws and job descriptions are posted on the KEHA website in the State Board section. Credential forms are found in the KEHA Manual Appendix on pages 6 & 7 for state educational chairmen and pages 8 & 9 for state officers. Credentials must be submitted via certified mail to Starlene Harris, KEHA Secretary, 138 Dickerson Road, Olive Hill, KY 41164-8116 by Satruday, April 7th.
KEHA State Meeting Updates: Registrations are arriving daily for the KEHA State Meeting. Additional details regarding the meeting are available at www.keha.org. A few highlights to note:
- The opening banquet on Monday, May 7th, will feature Miss Kentucky Molly Matney. The banquet will celebrate county night and you are encouraged to wear something representative of your county. It could be school colors or something for which your county is known – be creative!
- The General Session on Tuesday, May 8th, will feature keynote speaker Dr. Steve Isaacs, Extension Professor and Storyteller. In addition, the KEHA Choir will perform.
- The awards luncheon will wrap-up the meeting on Wednesday, May 9th.
- The ACWW Women Walk the World event is back again this year! Plan to walk with fellow KEHA members Monday, May 7th at 4:30 p.m. Additional details are included in the KEHA newsletter.
- SEMINAR NOTE: The Wool Rug Hooking session is FULL. No further registrations will be accepted for this class. Refunds of the class fee will be issued at State Meeting for anyone whose payment was received after the class reached capacity.
- SILENT AUCTION: Each county is encouraged to bring an item to the State Meeting for the silent auction. Proceeds from the auction will benefit the final push campaign for the Kentucky Academy Library in the village of Adjeikrom in Ghana.
- RAFFLE BASKET: Each area is asked to provide a themed-gift basket to the State Meeting for the raffle. Proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Ovarian Cancer Research and Screening Program.
- QUILT SQUARE AUCTION AND SHOWCASE: Details regarding the KEHA Quilt Square Auction and Showcase are available from the KEHA newsletter. Proceeds from the auction will help offset costs associated with the KEHA State Meeting.
- LODGING ROOMS: The deadline to reserve lodging rooms at the discounted rate is Friday, April 6th. The room rate is $109 per night + tax for standard rooms. The initial block of suites is sold out. Additional suites have been added at a cost of $169 per night for a deluxe king suite or $179 per night for a deluxe 2 bed suite. To reserve by phone, call 1-888-233-9527 and request the KEHA rate. Reservations may also be made online, and the link is posted on the KEHA website under the "State Meeting" tab.
KEHA Prints: KEHA has a limited number of prints available and is working to close out the inventory. Prints may be ordered as part of your state meeting registration. View the print at www.keha.org.
Membership Update: The total membership for this year is 14,462 – an increase of 35 members! This is the second year in the past four years when KEHA realized an increase in membership. A complete membership report will be shared in voting delegate packets at the KEHA State Meeting.
Dates to Remember:
- April 7 - Deadline for KEHA state officer and chairman credentials
- April 9 - Postmark deadline for KEHA State Meeting registration at the reduced registration fee
- April 23 - Final postmark deadline for KEHA State Meeting registration
- May 7-9 - 85th KEHA State Meeting – Crowne Plaza, Louisville, Kentucky
- May 15 - 990N Deadline for 501(c)(3) organizations with fiscal year ending December 31