KEHA News & Notes – June 11, 2021
2021 KEHA State Meeting – The final registration deadline has passed and the KEHA State Meeting is at capacity for this year. For those who are attending, please remember to bring a checkbook to pay for KEHA merchandise and silent auction purchases, bring exact change to purchase your raffle basket tickets (cost is $1 each), keep an ink pen with you throughout the meeting as pens will not be provided at individual sign-in locations, practice good hand hygiene throughout the meeting, and follow all Kentucky/CDC requirements and recommendations related to face masks. The meeting will definitely be different this year and it is our hope that 2022 will be back to “normal”.
2021 Voting Delegates – If you are attending the KEHA State Meeting as one of the two voting delegates from your county, please visit the KEHA website to review the voting delegate information or reach out to your county Extension office to request a copy of the information. Voting Delegate registration at the State Meeting will be from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CDT on June 22. The KEHA Business Meeting will take place Tuesday, June 22, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. CDT in Ballrooms B-D in the Sloan Convention Center. Voting delegates should be seated at designated tables. The doors to the ballroom will close at 12:55 p.m. Everyone should be seated prior to this time.
2021 KEHA State Elections – Qualified credentials were received, and nominations are now closed for the following positions: 1st Vice President; 2nd Vice President; Cultural Arts & Heritage Chair; Environment, Housing & Energy Chair; Family & Individual Development Chair; Food, Nutrition & Health Chair; and Leadership Development Chair. Candidates are still being sought for President-elect; Treasurer; International Chair; and Marketing & Publicity Chair. Position descriptions are available at www.keha.org in the State Board section of the web page. Credentials for these positions must be submitted to the nominating committee prior to the KEHA State Business Meeting. Credentials may be emailed to Judy Jackson at email@example.com before June 21, 2021 or presented in person at the KEHA State Meeting by 10:00 a.m. CDT on June 22, 2021. Any candidates for these positions whose credentials are deemed to be in order will need to be nominated from the floor by a voting delegate during the business meeting.
KEHA Program of Work and VSU Reporting Timeline and Process – With the challenges presented by the pandemic and the continued disruptions to regular KEHA meetings, county reports will be collected electronically again this year. Please review the timeline below for additional details.
- May and June:
- KEHA members and club leaders work to complete program of work reports for each club and provide those to the county president, county Extension office, or designated county KEHA contact by July 1st. [All forms are accessible on the reports page].
- Individual members complete their VSU logs and submit to the club president or designated contact. Clubs will then forward to the county president, the county Extension office or designated county contact by July 1st.
- Mailbox members submit VSU logs to the designated county contact or county Extension office by July 1st.
- County officers, chairmen or FCS agents/Extension offices ensure all club reports are received and tally reports for the county.
- The county leadership chairman or designated contact prepares the county Volunteer Service Unit report. An Excel spreadsheet report form will be available via the KEHA website beginning July 1st.
- August 15th is the deadline for counties to submit the program of work report forms. This year, counties will submit the reports online using surveys that will be available via the KEHA website beginning July 1st.
- The county leadership chairman or designated contact will email the Excel spreadsheets with the county Volunteer Service Unit report to firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy (either printed or electronic) should also be sent to the area president and area leadership chairman for purposes of area level recognitions.
- On September 1st, the online program of work report surveys will be closed.
National Volunteer Outreach Network (NVON) Conference – Did you know that KEHA is hosting the National Volunteer Outreach Network Conference in Owensboro July 20-22? Any KEHA member is eligible to register and attend! Review the conference schedule, registration details, and more via the NVON website at this link. Join fellow KEHA members and attendees from eight additional NVON states to celebrate the organization’s 25th anniversary!
2022 KEHA State Meeting – Save the date! The 2022 KEHA State Meeting will be May 2-5 in Owensboro, Kentucky. Information regarding lodging room reservations will be available later this summer.
KEHA Merchandise Available - The KEHA website and merchandise order form have been updated to reflect items currently in inventory. For orders of 1 to 2 embroidered cloth face masks ($7 each), shipping is $1. View photos, access the merchandise order form, and find contact information for Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President on the KEHA website in the Marketing and Recruiting section.
Dates to Remember:
- June 16 – Postmark deadline for National Volunteer Outreach Network (NVON) Conference registration at the regular rates.
- June 22-23 – KEHA State Meeting in Bowling Green, KY.
- June 22 – Deadline for NVON Conference room reservations at the Hampton Inn Downtown in Owensboro, KY.
- June 28 - Deadline for NVON Conference room reservations at the Holiday Inn Riverfront in Owensboro, KY.
- July 1 – Program of work reports and volunteer service logs are due at the county level.
- July 20-22 – National Volunteer Outreach (NVON) Conference hosted by KEHA in Owensboro, KY.