2022 KEHA State Board Elections – Credentials will be sought for a total of four positions to be elected in May 2022: President, Secretary, 4-H Youth Development Chair, and Management and Safety Chair. All will serve from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2025. Job descriptions for these positions are available on the KEHA website in the “State Board” section. Credentials must be sent certified mail and postmarked by April 9, 2022. Watch for additional information in the spring.
March 1 Deadlines – Deadlines are approaching for KEHA development grants, mini-grants, scholarships, and contest entries.
KEHA Contests – All due March 1:
- Community Volunteerism Award (Handbook page 88) – Due to Ann Porter, Leadership Development Chairman, P.O. Box 88, Washington, KY 41096, email@example.com
- Creative Writing: poetry, memoirs, short story (Handbook 37-39) – Barbara Seiter, Cultural Arts & Heritage, 8669 Valley Circle Drive, Florence, KY 41042, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adopt-A-Highway awards (Handbook 49) – Linda Padgett, Environment, Housing & Energy Chairman, 11307 Lakeview Drive, Union, KY 41091, email@example.com
- Nurturing Families (Handbook 55) – Dottie Crouch, Family & Individual Development Chairman, 8851 Highway 55, Campbellsburg, KY 40011, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food, Nutrition & Health Awards: Ovarian Cancer Fundraising Contest and Promoting a Healthy KY Contest (Handbook 60) – Sharon Fields, Food, Nutrition & Health Chairman, 216 Cedarwood Drive, Greenup, KY 41144, email@example.com
- Homemakers Support 4-H (four award categories) (Handbook 64-65) – Cathy Kunkel-Mains, 4-H Youth Development Chairman, 13127 Madison Pike, Morning View, KY 41063, firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Contest and Awards (Handbook 73) – Marilyn Watson, International Chairman, 2286 Melwood Drive, Henderson, KY 42420, MJMW1315@twc.com
KEHA Development Grants – KEHA development grants provide areas and counties with the opportunity to obtain funding for projects. Applications must be submitted by KEHA members. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 107-111, and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Applications must be sent by certified mail and postmarked by March 1. Send to Julie Hook, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 74 County Road 1021, Cunningham, KY 42035 or email@example.com.
KEHA Mini-Grants for Study or Research – KEHA offers mini-grants of up to $500 for study or research. Applications may be submitted by KEHA members, FCS agents, or FCS specialists. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 104-106, and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Applications must be submitted by March 1. Send to Julie Hook, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 74 County Road 1021, Cunningham, KY 42035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEHA Scholarships – KEHA provides two educational scholarship programs:
- The Evans/Hansen/Weldon Scholarship is open to any full-time student attending a college or accredited undergraduate program in Kentucky and majoring in a Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Environmental Science degree program. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 94-98 and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Please promote this in your county. Applications are due by March 1 to the KEHA Leadership Development Chair. Send to: Ann Porter, P.O. Box 88, Washington, KY 41096 or email@example.com.
- The KEHA Homemaker Member Scholarship is open to KEHA members with a minimum of 3 years of active membership. The scholarship may be used for any college or university, as well as for a trade or technical school. It is intended for students pursuing their first degree or certification. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 99-102 and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Please share this with your members. Applications are due by March 1 to the KEHA Leadership Development Chair. Send to: Ann Porter, P.O. Box 88, Washington, KY 41096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEHA Merchandise – KEHA maintains an inventory of marketing items available for purchase by members, clubs, counties, and areas. Review inventory and order forms on the marketing items page. For more information, contact Julie Hook, KEHA 2nd Vice President, at email@example.com or 270-559-8603.
Dates to Remember
- March 1 – KEHA development grant, mini-grant, scholarship, and contest entry deadline.
- February – KEHA State Newsletter coming soon!
- May 10-12, 2022 – KEHA State Meeting at Owensboro Convention Center. Room blocks are open for reservations now!