November KEHA News and Notes
KEHA Dues – Membership drives and county dues collection should be in full swing! Counties are encouraged to have a dues deadline no later than Dec. 1. Dues payment and the remittance form (KEHA Appendix, page 16) should be mailed to the area and state treasurers by Dec. 15 and are delinquent if not received by Dec. 31. Counties that are delinquent will not be permitted to have voting delegates and rights to vote at the 2023 state business meeting.
New Membership Campaign – Remember the new “3-Rs – Keys to Membership” campaign. The three Rs are to Recruit – Get a plus one; Retain – Value members and engage; and Repeat – Continue to grow. Each time a county gets three new members (above the previous year total), the county will be entered into a drawing. For example, counties that get 12 new members will be entered four times. There will be five $100 drawings per year. The county with the highest number will receive a Golden Key to display in the county.
2023 State Meeting – The next KEHA State Meeting will take place May 9-11, 2023, at the Crowne Plaza in Louisville. The theme is “Let’s Take a Hike with KEHA.” Wilderness Trail Area will serve as the host area. The lodging room blocks are now open for reservations at a group rate of $124/night. Because of rising prices, the registration pricing structure for 2023 has changed. Details for planning can be found on the State Meeting webpage. Full details and registration forms will be available in February when the state newsletter is issued.
KEHA State Choir – To join the KEHA Choir send $10 to Wendy Hood, 202 Park Avenue, Harrodsburg, KY 40330. Include your name, mailing address, email, and phone. The only commitment is one rehearsal and one performance, both during State Meeting. For more information, contact Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-613-2575.
2023 KEHA State Elections – The following KEHA state officer and chairman positions will be open for election in spring of 2023:
- First Vice President (Program)
- Environment, Housing, & Energy Chairman
- Food, Nutrition, & Health Chairman
- Leadership Development Chairman
- Marketing and Publicity Chairman
Additional details regarding elections will be shared in January 2023. Qualifications for nominees are listed on page 12 of the Handbook.
Leadership Academy – Participants selected for the Leadership Academy are being notified and commitments are due Dec. 9. This second KEHA Leadership Academy will take place on March 1-3, 2023, at Blue Licks Battlefield State Resort Park.
KEHA Week – Thank you to all who participated locally and via the KEHA Facebook page. We hope you all enjoyed celebrating how KEHA’s light shines! Kudos to Becky Clay, KEHA Marketing and PR Chair, and Mindy McCulley, her advisor, for coordinating materials for the week. If you have feedback, please share.
Dates to Remember – The Dates to Remember document has been updated to show the state board meeting dates. You can find the updated handout on the KEHA website under “Member Resources,” then “2022 Officer Training Materials.”
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Dec. 9 – Leadership Academy commitments are due.
- Dec. 15 – County dues due to the KEHA State Treasurer and Area Treasurer (use remittance form found in the KEHA Manual Appendix page 16). Please send remittance to Harlene Welch, KEHA Treasurer, 207 Fifth Street, Cynthiana, KY 41031.
- Dec. 31 – Dues deadline. Any county that does not submit state dues by this date will not be eligible to vote at the 2023 KEHA Business Meeting in May.
- Dec. 31 – Deadline date for fundraising-based recognitions (ovarian cancer fundraising, KEHA scholarship contributions, Coins for Change contributions, etc.) Awards will be based upon funds forwarded to the KEHA state treasurer with state dues and noted on the remittance form.
- Dec. 31 – County Membership Recognition Reports (including 50-year member and deceased member lists) due to Area President or Vice-President (see KEHA Manual Appendix page 17).
- Jan. 15 – County membership database/updates due via the web-based system.
- Jan. 15 – KEHA Newsletter Deadline – Information due to KEHA 2nd Vice-President.
- March 1-3, 2023 – KEHA Leadership Academy at Blue Licks Battlefield State Resort Park.
- May 9-11, 2023 – KEHA State Meeting at the Crowne Plaza in Louisville.