Deadline Extended for Session Proposals – Do you know something that would be useful for other homemakers to know? Now is your chance to share! We have extended the deadline for learning session proposals for the 2023 KEHA State Meeting to Friday, Oct. 21. KEHA members are encouraged to share their knowledge by presenting a learning session. The form can be found on the State Meeting webpage. Send the form to: Henrietta Sheffel, KEHA 1st Vice President, 1801 Little Creek Road, Jackson, KY 41339 or email@example.com.
Leadership Academy – Areas should be selecting Leadership Academy nominations now. Copies of the applications for two participants and one alternate per area should be forwarded to the KEHA State Advisor by Nov. 1. Participants who are selected will be notified in early November, and commitments are due Dec. 1. This second KEHA Leadership Academy will take place on March 1-3, 2023, at Blue Licks Battlefield State Resort Park.
2023 KEHA State Elections – The following KEHA state officer and chairman positions will be open for election in spring of 2023:
- First Vice President (Program)
- Environment, Housing, & Energy Chairman
- Food, Nutrition, & Health Chairman
- Leadership Development Chairman
- Marketing and Publicity Chairman
Additional details regarding elections will be shared in January 2023. Qualifications for nominees are listed on page 12 of the Handbook.
KEHA Dues – Fall is time for membership drives and county dues collection. Counties are encouraged to have a dues deadline no later than Dec. 1. Dues payment and the remittance form (KEHA Appendix, page 16) should be mailed to the area and state treasurers by Dec. 15 and are delinquent if not received by Dec. 31. Counties that are delinquent will not be permitted to have voting delegates and rights to vote at the 2023 state business meeting.
New Membership Campaign – Remember the new “3-R’s – Keys to Membership” campaign. The three R’s are to Recruit – Get a plus one; Retain – Value members and engage; and Repeat – Continue to grow. Each time a county gets three new members (above the previous year total), the county will be entered into a drawing. For example, counties that get 12 new members will be entered four times. There will be five $100 drawings per year. The county with the highest number will receive a Golden Key to display in the county.
Nominations Sought for Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild – The Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild is dedicated to honoring farm women and promoting agriculture in Kentucky. The Guild is currently accepting membership nominations from all Extension areas. A person recognized as a Kentucky Master Farm Homemaker:
- Is a member in good standing of the Kentucky Extension Homemakers Association and has been a member at least three years (mailbox members are eligible);
- Is a farm woman who owns a working farm and is included in the labor and/or management of the farm;
- Derives a percentage of the family income from the farm operation;
- Is knowledgeable and supportive of the Cooperative Extension Service;
- Gives unselfish service to her family, community, state, and nation; and
- Is nominated from the club, county and/or district where KEHA membership is held.
The County Info Sheet and details regarding the new member selection process are available on the Master Farm Homemakers Guild web page. County nominees should complete and submit the County Information form by Nov. 15.
Merchandise – The KEHA website and merchandise order form have been updated to reflect items currently in inventory. New items include a coffee mug, cups, a coaster, and a cutting board. View photos, access the merchandise order form, and find contact information for Julie Hook, KEHA 2nd Vice President, online under Marketing and Recruiting, Marketing Items.
2023 State Meeting – The next KEHA State Meeting will take place May 9-11, 2023, at the Crowne Plaza in Louisville. The theme is “Let’s Take a Hike with KEHA.” Wilderness Trail Area will serve as the host area. The lodging room blocks are now open for reservations at a group rate of $124/night. Details and contact information can be found on the State Meeting webpage.
Dates to Remember
- Oct. 21 – Extended deadline for submitting session proposals for the 2023 KEHA State Meeting.
- Oct. 31 – Due date to send Area KEHA Officer Directories to the KEHA President and State Advisor. Use directory form found in the KEHA Manual Appendix pages 12-13.
- Nov. 1 – Areas submit up to two candidates and one alternate for Leadership Academy.
- Early November – Leadership Academy participants will be notified.
- Nov. 7-8 – KEHA Fall Board Meeting in Lexington.
- Nov. 15 – Due date to nominate new members for the Master Farm Homemakers Guild.
- Nov. 15 – Due date for 990N (e-postcard) or 990 tax return for 501(c)(3) groups with a fiscal year ending June 30.
- Dec. 1 – Leadership Academy commitments are due.
- Dec. 15 – County dues due to the KEHA State Treasurer and Area Treasurer (use remittance form found in the KEHA Manual Appendix page 16). Please send remittance to Harlene Welch, KEHA Treasurer, 207 Fifth Street, Cynthiana, KY 41031.