KEHA Week – Counties across the state celebrated KEHA Week October 13-19, 2019, and several photos and posts appeared on social media. Counties are encouraged to share photos of their celebrations on the KEHA Facebook page in the comments to an October 14th post. You may also share your celebrations with Jennifer Williams, KEHA Marketing and Publicity Chair at email@example.com.
2020 KEHA State Elections - KEHA will be seeking nominees for six positions in the spring. Positions to be elected include 1st Vice President; Treasurer; Marketing & Publicity Chair; Environment, Housing & Energy Chair; Food, Nutrition & Health Chair; and Leadership Development Chair. Job descriptions for these positions are available on the KEHA website in the “State Board” section. Credentials will be due by March 21, 2020. Watch for additional information in the spring.
Census Quilt Update
The Census Quilt was unveiled and presented to the Census Bureau on September 16th during a special ceremony at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah. KEHA President Karen Hill and Past-President Marlene McComas spoke as part of the ceremony. A booklet showcasing each quilt square and including a legend of the quilt square locations is now available on the KEHA website in the Quick Links Menu and the scrolling news feed. The images in the booklet are lower resolution to meet the file size requirements for the website. The quilt is on tour around Kentucky. The listing of locations scheduled at this time are noted below and additional details will be posted to the KEHA website later this month.
- October (remainder of the month): Spencer County Public Library
- November – Bell County Extension Office, Letcher County Extension Office, KEAFCS Meeting and Johnson County Extension Office
- December – Estill County Public Library and Breckinridge County Public Library
- January – Oldham County Public Library and Graves County Public Library
- February – Jackson County Public Library and Wolfe County Public Library
- March – Rockcastle County Public Library and Kentucky State Capitol
- April – McLean County Public Library and KEHA State Meeting
- May – Union County Library and William B. Harlan Memorial Library (Monroe County)
- June – To Be Determined
- July – Lexington Public Library and Garrard County Public Library
- August – Pendleton County Public Library and Kentucky State Fair
Census Quilt News Story
Jennifer Williams, KEHA Marketing Chairman, and Mindy McCulley, Marketing Advisor, have drafted a template new release for county use regarding the Census Quilt Project. The news release template is available via the KEHA Marketing & Recruiting page.
Nominations Sought for Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild - The Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild is dedicated to honoring farm women and promoting agriculture in Kentucky. The Guild is currently accepting membership nominations from all Extension districts. A person recognized as a Kentucky Master Farm Homemaker:
- is a member in good standing of the Kentucky Extension Homemakers Association and has been a member at least three years (mailbox members are eligible);
- is a farm woman who owns a working farm and is included in the labor and/or management of the farm;
- derives a percentage of the family income from the farm operation.
- is knowledgeable and supportive of the Cooperative Extension Service;
- gives unselfish service to her family, community, state and nation; and
- is nominated from the club, county and/or district where KEHA membership is held.
The County Info Sheet and details regarding the new member selection process are available on the Master Farm Homemakers Guild web page. County nominees should complete and submit the County Information form by November 15, 2019.
Dates to Remember
- October 31 – Due date to send Area KEHA Officer Directories to the KEHA President and State Advisor (use directory form found in the KEHA Manual, Appendix pages 12-13)
- November 11-12 – KEHA State Board Meeting – Embassy Suites at Lexington Green, Lexington, KY
- November 15 - Due date for 990N (e-postcard) or 990 tax return for 501(c)(3) groups with a fiscal year ending June 30.
- December 15 – County dues due to the KEHA State Treasurer and Area Treasurer (use remittance form found in the KEHA Manual, Appendix page 19)