Last Call forLeadership Academy! – Applications for the Leadership Academy are due to your KEHA Area President by Oct. 1 to be considered. The application form is available on the KEHA website under Member Resources. This second KEHA Leadership Academy will take place on March 1-3, 2023, at Blue Licks Battlefield State Resort Park. The goal of the academy is to strengthen leadership skills for emerging leaders within the organization and increase the pool of leaders available to hold county, area, and state level elected and appointed positions. The academy will recruit up to 30 participants. Each area is encouraged to provide the names of two delegates and one alternate. The application deadline is Oct. 1 and participants will be notified Nov. 1. Please promote within your county and encourage eligible members to apply.
KEHA Week is Oct. 9-15 – It’s time to plan for KEHA Week Oct. 9-15, 2022. The tagline for the celebration this year is Let Your Light Shine! to match KEHA President Brenda Hammons’ Program of Work theme. Find materials online on the KEHA Week webpage.
Sign Up to Present at State Meeting – Calling all homemakers with information to share! Learning session proposals for the 2023 KEHA State Meeting are due by Oct. 15. KEHA members are encouraged to share their knowledge by presenting a learning session. The form can be found on the State Meeting webpage. Send the form to: Henrietta Sheffel, KEHA 1st Vice President, 1801 Little Creek Road, Jackson, KY 41339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 State Meeting – The next KEHA State Meeting will take place May 9-11, 2023, at the Crowne Plaza in Louisville. The theme is “Let’s Take a Hike with KEHA.” Wilderness Trail Area will serve as the host area. The lodging room blocks are now open for reservations at a group rate of $124/night. Details and contact information can be found on the State Meeting webpage.
Nominations Sought for Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild – The Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild is dedicated to honoring farm women and promoting agriculture in Kentucky. The Guild is currently accepting membership nominations from all Extension areas. A person recognized as a Kentucky Master Farm Homemaker:
- Is a member in good standing of the Kentucky Extension Homemakers Association and has been a member at least three years (mailbox members are eligible);
- Is a farm woman who owns a working farm and is included in the labor and/or management of the farm;
- Derives a percentage of the family income from the farm operation;
- Is knowledgeable and supportive of the Cooperative Extension Service;
- Gives unselfish service to her family, community, state, and nation; and
- Is nominated from the club, county and/or district where KEHA membership is held.
The County Info Sheet and details regarding the new member selection process are available on the Master Farm Homemakers Guild web page. County nominees should complete and submit the County Information form by Nov. 15.
Merchandise – The KEHA website and merchandise order form are being updated to reflect items currently in inventory. New items include a coffee mug, cups, a coaster, and a cutting board. View photos , access the merchandise order form, and find contact information for Julie Hook, KEHA 2nd Vice President, online under Marketing and Recruiting, Marketing Items.
Dates to Remember
- Oct. 1 – Application deadline for KEHA Leadership Academy.
- Oct. 9-15 – KEHA Week with the theme of “Let Your Light Shine!”
- Oct. 15 – Deadline for submitting session proposals for the 2023 KEHA State Meeting.
- Oct. 31 – Due date to send Area KEHA Officer Directories to the KEHA President and State Advisor. Use directory form found in the KEHA Manual Appendix pages 12-13.
- Nov. 1 – Leadership Academy participants will be notified.
- Nov. 15 – Due date to nominate new members for the Master Farm Homemakers Guild.
- Nov. 15 – Due date for 990N (e-postcard) or 990 tax return for 501(c)(3) groups with a fiscal year ending June 30.
- Dec. 15 – County dues due to the KEHA State Treasurer and Area Treasurer (use remittance form found in the KEHA Manual Appendix page 16). Please send remittance to Harlene Welch, KEHA Treasurer, 207 Fifth Street, Cynthiana, KY 41031.