KEHA News & Notes – May 12, 2021
2021 KEHA State Meeting – Registration continues to come in for the KEHA State Meeting scheduled June 22-23, 2021 at the Sloan Convention Center and Holiday Inn University Plaza in Bowling Green! Registration must be postmarked by May 24th to avoid late fees. The June 22nd Butterflies of Kentucky seminar is now full and closed. The seminars titled Fun, Fellowship and Fundraising and Thrive and Survive are also at capacity. A fillable PDF version of the registration form is available at this link. Review the State Meeting Fast Facts online for more information about registration and tips for attendees this year.
2021 KEHA State Elections – The deadline is nearing to submit credentials for one of the eleven positions open for election this year. The following positions will be elected with terms to begin at the time of election and end June 30, 2023: 1st Vice President; Treasurer; Marketing & Publicity Chair; Environment, Housing & Energy Chair; Food, Nutrition & Health Chair; and Leadership Development Chair. The following positions will be elected for three-year terms from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2024: 2nd Vice President; Cultural Arts and Heritage Chair; Family and Individual Development Chair; and International Chair. In addition, a President-elect will be elected to serve from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022 in this capacity and then transition to President from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2025. Credentials for all positions must be postmarked no later than May 22, 2021 and sent by certified mail. Details are available on the KEHA website.
KEHA State Meeting Lodging – Lodging rooms are available at the Holiday Inn University Plaza. The conference rate is $119 plus tax for standard rooms. For reservations by phone, please call 270-745-0088 and request the KYX rate. To make your reservation online, use the link available on the KEHA website on the State Meeting page. Reservations must be made by May 22, 2021 to secure the conference rate.
KEHA Program of Work and VSU Reporting Timeline and Process – With the challenges presented by the pandemic and the continued disruptions to regular KEHA meetings, county reports will be collected electronically again this year. Please review the timeline below for additional details.
- May and June:
- County officers, chairmen or FCS agents/Extension offices ensure all club reports are received and tally reports for the county.
- The county leadership chairman or designated contact prepares the county Volunteer Service Unit report. An Excel spreadsheet report form will be available via the KEHA website beginning July 1st.
- August 15th is the deadline for counties to submit the program of work report forms. This year, counties will submit the reports online using surveys that will be available via the KEHA website beginning July 1st.
- The county leadership chairman or designated contact will email the Excel spreadsheets with the county Volunteer Service Unit report to email@example.com. A copy (either printed or electronic) should also be sent to the area president and area leadership chairman for purposes of area level recognitions.
- On September 1st, the online program of work report surveys will be closed.
- KEHA members and club leaders work to complete program of work reports for each club and provide those to the county president, county Extension office, or designated county KEHA contact by July 1st. [All forms are accessible on the reports page].
- Individual members complete their VSU logs and submit to the club president or designated contact. Clubs will then forward to the county president, the county Extension office or designated county contact by July 1st.
- Mailbox members submit VSU logs to the designated county contact or county Extension office by July 1st.
National Volunteer Outreach Network (NVON) Conference – Did you know that KEHA is hosting the National Volunteer Outreach Network Conference in Owensboro July 20-22? Any KEHA member is eligible to register and attend! Review the conference schedule, registration details, and more via the NVON website at this link. Join fellow KEHA members and attendees from eight additional NVON states to celebrate the organization’s 25th anniversary!
KEHA Merchandise Available - The KEHA website and merchandise order form have been updated to reflect items currently in inventory. For orders of 1 to 2 embroidered cloth face masks ($7 each), shipping is $1. View photos, access the merchandise order form, and find contact information for Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President on the KEHA website in the Marketing and Recruiting section.
Dates to Remember:
- May 22 – Postmark deadline for KEHA State Officer and Chairman candidate credentials. Remember that credentials must be sent certified mail.
- May 22 – Deadline for State Meeting hotel reservations at the conference rate.
- May 24 – Postmark deadline to submit State Meeting registration and avoid late fees.
- June 7 – Final postmark deadline for KEHA State Meeting registration.
- June 16 – Postmark deadline for National Volunteer Outreach Network (NVON) Conference registration at the regular rates.
- June 22-23 – KEHA State Meeting in Bowling Green, KY.
- June 22 – Deadline for NVON Conference room reservations at the Hampton Inn Downtown in Owensboro, KY.
- June 28 - Deadline for NVON Conference room reservations at the Holiday Inn Riverfront in Owensboro, KY.
- July 1 – Program of work reports and volunteer service logs are due at the county level.
- July 20-22 – National Volunteer Outreach (NVON) Conference hosted by KEHA in Owensboro, KY.