March 6, 2017
KEHA News and Notes
- Membership Recognition Report – If your county has not yet submitted the KEHA Membership Recognition Report (KEHA Manual Appendix, page 18), please send as soon as possible to Marena Nelson, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 961 Stephens Branch Road, Martin, KY 41649-7845. The report form may be emailed to Marena at email@example.com. An online form has also been developed and is accessible at: https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_07ACjQbC83xSa5D. A list of counties who have submitted reports as of March 6 is available at: http://www2.ca.uky.edu/hes/march_6.pdf.
- 2017 KEHA State Board Elections – KEHA is seeking candidates for five state board positions. Please encourage your leaders to consider the positions listed below.
- 1st Vice President
- Environment, Housing and Energy Chairman
- Food, Nutrition and Health Chairman
- Leadership Development Chairman
Duties for all positions are detailed in the KEHA Bylaws, and job descriptions are posted on the KEHA website. Credential forms are found in the KEHA Manual Appendix – pages 6 & 7 for state educational chairmen and pages 8 & 9 for state officers. Credentials are due by April 1 and must be submitted via certified mail to Starlene Harris, KEHA Secretary, 138 Dickerson Road, Olive Hill, KY 41164-8116.
- KEHA State Meeting: Lodging Rooms – The room blocks at the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn now have very limited availability. If you/your county has rooms reserved that will not be utilized, please check with other counties in your area before releasing reservations. Contact information for the Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn and overflow block at the Courtyard by Marriott is posted at www.keha.org.
- KEHA State Meeting – Registrations are arriving daily for the KEHA State Meeting. Additional details regarding the meeting are available at www.keha.org. A few highlights of note:
- The Silk Ribbon Embroidery session scheduled on May 2 (part 1 at 10:00 a.m.; part 2 at 3:00 p.m.) is FULL. No additional registrations for this session should be mailed. Please encourage attendees to select from the other offerings during these time slots.
- The opening banquet on Tuesday, May 2 will be feature Tim and Nicki Farmer from KET’s Tim Farmer’s Country Kitchen. Additional information about Mr. Farmer is available on the KEHA website. In addition, the banquet will celebrate KEHA’s 40 years of partnership and support for the UK Ovarian Cancer Screening Program. Teal will be the featured color and members are encouraged to include teal in their evening attire.
- The General Session on May 3 will feature keynote speaker Colene Elridge (bio available at www.keha.org) and a performance by the KEHA Choir.
- The awards breakfast will wrap-up the meeting on Thursday, May 4.
- Two tours are offered as part of the 2017 KEHA State Meeting. Please note that tours will be confirmed or cancelled based upon registration as of April 3.
- Remember that KEHA is collecting quilts (65” x 90”) and pillowcases (standard size) for the Center for Courageous Kids. Additional details are included in the newsletter and on the website.
- NEW TO STATE MEETING: A walk is planned for Monday, May 1 from 4:45-5:15 p.m. This will serve as a culminating event for the ACWW Women Walk the World. Please see the newsletter for additional details.
- SCHEDULE NOTE: The KEHA Cultural Arts Chairman Training time has changed. The session will be Wednesday, May 3 from 1:00-2:30 p.m. All other educational chairmen training sessions will be Wednesday, May 3 from 2:00-3:30 p.m. as noted in the KEHA newsletter.
- ACWW Women Walk the World – Leoni Mundelius, KEHA International Chairman, is encouraging participation in the ACWW Women Walk the World initiative. Counties/clubs are encouraged to host a walking event in March or April, with ACWW emphasis for holding events on April 29. In addition, Leoni has organized a walking event to be held May 1 at the KEHA State Meeting. A flyer with additional details is available at www.keha.org.
- Dates to Remember:
- March 13- 14, 2017: KEHA State Board Meeting, Owensboro, Kentucky
- March 15: Deadline for KEHA State Meeting Showcase Forms (page 33 of the KEHA Manual Appendix). The showcase is a great opportunity for KEHA counties and clubs to highlight their special projects and accomplishments.
- April 1: Deadline for KEHA state officer and chairman credentials
- April 3: Postmark deadline for KEHA State Meeting registration at the reduced fee
- April 17: Final postmark deadline for KEHA State Meeting registration