KEHA News and Notes – October 2021
- Last Call for 2022 State Meeting Learning Session Proposals – Learning session proposals for the 2022 KEHA State Meeting are due by Oct. 15, 2021. Send the form to: Henrietta Sheffel, KEHA 1st Vice President, 1801 Little Creek Road, Jackson, KY 41339 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The form can be found on the KEHA State Meeting page. KEHA members are encouraged to consider presenting a learning session at the state meeting next year, which will take place May 10-12, 2022 at the Owensboro Convention Center. Lodging room block are open for reservations.
- Celebrate KEHA Week – KEHA Week is recognized from Oct. 10-16, 2021. The tagline for the celebration this year is The Adventure Awaits with KEHA. Find materials on the KEHA website and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OfficialKEHA.
- COVID-19 Guidance – KEHA President Karen Hill has provided an updated COVID-19 guidance for KEHA. This document is available under “Quick Links” on the KEHA website.
- 2022 KEHA State Elections – The following KEHA state officer and chairman positions will be open for election in spring of 2022: Secretary, 4-H Youth Development Chairman, and Management and Safety Chairman. In addition, the position of President will be open for election. Additional details regarding elections will be shared in January 2022.
Dates to Remember
- October 10-16 – KEHA Week
- October 15 – Deadline for submitting session proposals or the 2022 KEHA State Meeting (See KEHA Manual Appendix page 30)
- October 31 – Due date to send Area KEHA Officer Directories to the KEHA President and State Advisor. Use directory form found in the KEHA Manual Appendix pages 12-13.
- November 15 - Due date for 990N (e-postcard) or 990 tax return for 501(c)(3) groups with a fiscal year ending June 30.
- December 15 – County dues due to the KEHA State Treasurer and Area Treasurer (use remittance form found in the KEHA Manual Appendix page 16). Please send remittance to Harlene Welch, KEHA Treasurer, 207 Fifth Street, Cynthiana, KY 41031.
- May 10-12, 2022 – KEHA State Meeting at Owensboro Convention Center. Room blocks are open for reservations now!