June 15, 2017
Remembering Mary Margaret Krahulec
In May 2015, Mary Margaret Krahulec, Shelby County KEHA member, was elected as the president-elect for the KEHA. She brought to the position energy, enthusiasm and a dedication to the future of the organization. In July 2016, she began her term as president with a focus on reaching new audiences, teaching mastered skills and inspiring a new generation of leaders. Unfortunately, her term as president was cut short as she lost her battle with ovarian cancer in June 2017. Her bright smile, engaging personality and enthusiastic leadership will be missed. Read her full obituary at: http://www.shannonfuneralhome.com/obituary/mary-krahulec
NEW KEHA Website Online
The KEHA website (www.keha.org) has a new look and format! The guide below provides an overview of the locations of specific content. Your feedback regarding the new site is welcomed.
Navigation is coordinated through a series of tabs along the top of each page and a set of “Quick Links” on the right of the home page. Content is organized under the menu tabs as described below:
- About – Provides information about joining KEHA, the organization’s affiliations with national and global partners, organizational history, a map of the 14 areas and information regarding the Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild.
- State Board – Links you to information about the KEHA State Board, including a printable board directory and position descriptions for each elected position.
- Chairman Info – Leads to a home page for educational chairman information with a menu of links to pages for each of the eight elected educational chairmen. The individual chairman pages are intended to provide access to materials related to the chairman’s program of work and related projects. The chairman web pages will be updated at the end of June to provide access to the most current resources.
- Reports – Links to the annual statewide KEHA reports as well as UK Extension spotlights (public value statements related to KEHA work) and information regarding KEHA reporting deadlines.
- News & Notes – Provides an online link to monthly news emails distributed to the KEHA Board and Extension Agents for Family and Consumer Sciences Education statewide as well as an access point for the KEHA annual newsletter. Previous News and Notes postings and newsletters are archived on this page. Featured stories shared via the website home page will also be archived under the News & Notes tab.
- Member Resources – The main tab for accessing organizational resources. Here you’ll find the KEHA Manual, links to financial guidelines, ordering information for KEHA marketing items, fact sheets regarding KEHA membership campaigns and rewards, details regarding scholarships and grants, and the annual theme-based resource materials intended for leadership training and kickoff meetings.
- State Meeting – Leads to information regarding upcoming and previous KEHA State Meetings. This page will be expanded over time to archive KEHA State Meeting programs as well as provide promotional information for the next KEHA State Meeting.
- Quick Links – Located on the right side of the home page (www.keha.org), these links will take you to new postings, information related to upcoming deadlines and the most frequently used resources.
The Yarn Barn
Mark your calendars for a special opportunity June 23-24 at the Shelby County Extension office. Mary Margaret Krahulec, immediate KEHA Past President, has donated more than 500 boxes of high quality yarn to be sold to raise funds for three charitable endeavors, one of which is the KEHA Ovarian Cancer Program/UK Markey Cancer Center. Yarn will be priced at $1 per skein. A flyer with details is attached to this email.
2016-2017 KEHA Reports
It’s time to submit KEHA program of work and volunteer service unit reports! Club reports are due to county chairmen by July 1, 2017. County reports are due to area chairmen by August 15, 2017. Area reports are due to state chairmen by September 15, 2017. Be sure to use the forms dated 2016-2017. Fillable PDF files are available on the reports page.
KEHA Club Materials – The KEHA Recreation and Inspirational Booklets are now available at www.keha.org under the “Member Resources” tab. Counties will receive one copy per club plus one file copy via the county packet later this month. The Book List is being finalized and will be posted within two weeks.
KEHA Manual Updates - Updates are near complete for the KEHA Manual Handbook and Appendix. The goal is to have the updated manual pages posted to the KEHA website by June 22. Each county will receive 2 printed copies of the revised manual pages only in late June or early July.
2018 KEHA State Meeting
Planning is underway for the 2018 KEHA State Meeting to be held May 7-9 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Louisville. The meeting schedule will change as all activities will take place Monday-Wednesday. The room block will open for reservations in July. Information will be posted to the KEHA website (www.keha.org).
Dates to Remember
- June 30 – KEHA Year Ends
- July 1 – Due date for club reports to be submitted to the county
- July 18-20 – National Volunteer Outreach Network Conference, Raleigh, NC