KEHA Dues Deadlines: The KEHA state remittance form and dues are due to the state treasurer in December. Dues payment and the remittance form (KEHA Appendix, page 19) are due by December 15 and are delinquent if not submitted by December 31. Mail to Harlene Welch, 1730 Pedro Pike, Cynthiana, KY 41035.
KEHA Membership Drive Awards: The KEHA membership drive awards are based upon your county’s December dues remittance. The county with the greatest percentage increase in membership will receive Ms. E. Go and $300. The county with the greatest increase in number of members will receive Ms. Way to Go and $300. This year is the final year of the “3 for 3” campaign. The 22 counties with an increase of 3 members or more each of the last two years remain eligible in the “3 for 3” contest IF they have an increase of at least 3 members again this year. The counties who meet this final-year milestone will be recognized at the 2019 KEHA State Meeting and one will be randomly drawn to receive a $500 award.
2017-2018 KEHA Reports: The 2017-2018 KEHA reports are now available on the KEHA website. Access the membership report, along with educational chairman and area president reports, on the KEHA Reports page.
KEHA Merchandise Sale: In May 2018, KEHA adopted a new state logo. To prepare for ordering new merchandise with the new logo, the KEHA Board is offering a half-price sale on all in-stock merchandise with the legacy logo. The KEHA website has been updated to reflect the discounted pricing and a revised order form is available. Order now while inventory is available. View items, see pricing, and download the order form on the Marketing Items page.
2019 KEHA State Meeting: Mark your calendars for the 2019 KEHA State Meeting to be held May 14-16 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Louisville. The lodging room block is open for reservations. The room rate is $114 per night + tax for standard rooms and $139 to $189 + tax for suites. To reserve by phone, call 1-888-233-9527 and request the KEHA rate. Reservations may also be made online, and the link is posted on the KEHA website State Meeting page.
2019 KEHA State Elections: KEHA will be seeking nominees for three positions in the spring: Secretary, 4-H Youth Development Chair, and Management & Safety Chair. Job descriptions for these positions are available on the KEHA website (www.keha.org) in the “State Board” section. Credentials will be due by April 13, 2019. Watch for additional information in the spring.
KEHA Membership Recognitions: The KEHA Membership Recognition Report is due February 1 (see KEHA Manual, Appendix, page 18). For membership tenure recognition, only those reaching the denoted milestone this year should be included on the report. Send to Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 103 Highland Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004. The report may also be submitted electronically at 2018-2019 KEHA Membership Recognition Report.
KEHA Development Grants: KEHA development grants provide areas and counties with the opportunity to obtain funding for projects. Applications must be submitted by KEHA members. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 107-111, and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Applications must be submitted by March 1st. Send to Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 103 Highland Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004.
KEHA Mini-Grants for Study or Research: Kentucky offers mini-grants of up to $500 for study or research. Applications may be submitted by KEHA members, FCS agents, or FCS specialists. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 104-106, and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Applications must be submitted by March 1st. Send to Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 103 Highland Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004.
KEHA Scholarships: KEHA provides two educational scholarship programs:
- The Evans/Hansen/Weldon scholarship is open to any full-time student attending a college or accredited undergraduate program in Kentucky and majoring in a Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Environmental Science degree program. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 94-98. Please promote this in your county. Applications are due by March 1st to Karen Yerkey, 6992 Hwy 1740, Hardinsburg, KY 40143-6182.
- The KEHA Homemaker Member Scholarship is open to KEHA members with a minimum of 3 years of active membership. The scholarship may be used for any college or university, as well as for a trade or technical school. It is intended for students pursuing their first degree or certification. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 99-102. Please share this with your members. Applications are due by March 1st to Karen Yerkey, 6992 Hwy 1740, Hardinsburg, KY 40143-6182.
Dates to Remember
- December 31 – Dues deadline. Any county who does not submit state dues by this date will not be eligible to vote at the 2019 KEHA Business Meeting in May.
- December 31 – Deadline date for fundraising-based recognitions (ovarian cancer fundraising, KEHA scholarship contributions, Coins for Change contributions). Awards will be based upon funds forwarded to the KEHA state treasurer with state dues and noted on the remittance form.
- February 1 – Due date for KEHA Membership Recognition Report
- Week of February 12 – KEHA State Newsletter available at www.keha.org
- March 1 – KEHA Development Grant, Mini-Grant, Scholarship and Contest Entry Deadline