Food, Nutrition, and Health
Our overall goal is to promote a healthy lifestyle for KEHA members and all Kentuckians through education about health issues.
Resources for you:
- 2012 - 2024 Food, Nutrition and Health Program of Work (PDF - 8/2022)
- Food, Nutrition and Healthy 2022-2023 Report Form (for reports dues summer of 2023) (PDF – 8/2022)
- Food, Nutrition and Health Awards (PDF - 6/2021)
Ovarian Cancer Screening & Research
One of KEHA’s main health objectives has been to assist in funding ovarian cancer screening and research at the University of Kentucky. This program began in 1977, and members were asked to donate $1 each per year. In recent years, many homemakers have contributed or raised much more than $1 each. As of May 2022, donations totaled more than $1,588,000. If you would like to send a donation, mail check to:
KEHA State Treasurer
207 Fifth Street
Cynthiana, KY 41031
Please note “ovarian cancer fund” in the memo of your check and include a note indicating your county and club.
- News Story: Lt. Gov. Coleman, Female Legislators Highlight UK’s Ovarian Cancer Screening Program
- Video Recording of Sept. 1, 2021, Event – As part of National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, Lt. Gov. Jacqueline Coleman joins UK HealthCare to highlight the long-running work of the University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Center's Ovarian Cancer Screening Program.
- Event Photo Gallery - September 1, 2021
- Update on the Ovarian Cancer Screening Program (PDF)
Provided by Dr. Edward Pavlik, Fall 2016