KEHA Week – It is KEHA Week! Counties across the state are celebrating, and several photos and posts are appearing on social media. If you are looking for a few final ideas, check the KEHA Week page on the website. Share your celebrations with Jennifer Williams, KEHA Marketing and Publicity Chair at email@example.com.
2019 KEHA State Meeting - Mark your calendars for the 2019 KEHA State Meeting to be held May 14-16 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Louisville. The lodging room block is open for reservations. The room rate is $114 per night + tax for standard rooms and $139 to $189 + tax for suites. To reserve by phone, call 1-888-233-9527 and request the KEHA rate. Reservations may also be made online, and the link is posted on the KEHA website State Meeting page.
2019 KEHA State Elections - KEHA will be seeking nominees for three positions in the spring. Positions to be elected include Secretary, 4-H Youth Development Chair, and Management & Safety Chair. Job descriptions for these positions are available on the KEHA website in the “State Board” section. Credentials will be due by April 13, 2019. Watch for additional information in the spring.
KEHA VSU Program Enhancements – On July 1st, enhancements to KEHA’s Volunteer Service Unit Program took effect. A 17-minute video overview, a handout outlining the changes and the full description of the VSU program are available via the KEHA Leadership Development Chairman page.
Nominations Sought for Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild - The Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild is dedicated to honoring farm women and promoting agriculture in Kentucky. The Guild is currently accepting membership nominations from all Extension districts. A person recognized as a Kentucky Master Farm Homemaker:
- is a member in good standing of the Kentucky Extension Homemakers Association and has been a member at least three years (mailbox members are eligible);
- is a farm woman who owns a working farm and is included in the labor and/or management of the farm;
- derives a percentage of the family income from the farm operation.
- is knowledgeable and supportive of the Cooperative Extension Service;
- gives unselfish service to her family, community, state and nation; and
- is nominated from the club, county and/or district where KEHA membership is held.
The County Info Sheet and details regarding the new member selection process are available on the Master Farm Homemakers Guild web page. County nominees should complete and submit the County Information form by November 15, 2018.
Dates to Remember
- October 31 – Due date to send Area KEHA Officer Directors to the KEHA President and State Advisor
- November 12-13 – KEHA State Board Meeting – Embassy Suites at Lexington Green, Lexington, KY
- November 15 - Due date for 990N (e-postcard) or 990 tax return for 501(c)(3) groups with a fiscal year ending June 30.
- December 15 – County dues due to the KEHA State Treasurer and Area Treasurer (use remittance form found in the KEHA Manual, Appendix page 19)