2018 KEHA State Board Elections – Qualified credentials for the following positions have been received, and nominations for these positions are now closed. The credentials are included in the voting delegate information posted on the KEHA website (www.keha.org).
- 2nd Vice President
- Cultural Arts and Heritage Chairman
- Family and Individual Development Chairman
Candidates are still being sought for the position of International Chairman. Credentials for this position must be submitted to the nominating committee prior to the KEHA Business Meeting. Any candidate for International Chairman whose credentials are deemed to be in order will need to be nominated from the floor during the business meeting.
KEHA State Meeting – Notes and Reminders:
- Registration will open Monday, May 7 at 10:00 a.m. in the Crowne Ballroom Foyer.
- The opening banquet on Monday, May 7, will feature Miss Kentucky Molly Matney. The banquet will celebrate county night and you are encouraged to wear something representative of your county. It could be school colors or something for which your county is known – be creative!
- The General Session on Tuesday, May 8, will feature keynote speaker Dr. Steve Isaacs, Extension Professor and Storyteller. In addition, the KEHA Choir will perform.
- The awards luncheon will wrap-up the meeting on Wednesday, May 9.
- The ACWW Women Walk the World event is back again this year! Plan to walk with fellow KEHA members Monday, May 7th at 4:30 p.m. Additional details are included in the KEHA newsletter.
- SILENT AUCTION: Each county is encouraged to bring an item to the State Meeting for the silent auction. Proceeds from the auction will benefit the final push campaign for the Kentucky Academy Library in the village of Adjeikrom in Ghana. Due to Kentucky Alcohol and Beverage Control regulations, no alcoholic beverages may be included in the silent auction.
- RAFFLE BASKET: Each area is asked to provide a themed-gift basket to the State Meeting for the raffle. Proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Ovarian Cancer Research and Screening Program. Due to Kentucky Alcohol and Beverage Control regulations, no alcoholic beverages may be included in raffle baskets.
- QUILT SQUARE SHOWCASE AND AUCTION: Details regarding the KEHA Quilt Square Auction and Showcase are available from the KEHA newsletter. Proceeds from the auction will help offset costs associated with the KEHA State Meeting. Quilt square check-in will open at 10:00 a.m. Monday, May 7 in Crowne Ballroom B & C. The display and auction will close Tuesday at 3:00 p.m.
KEHA Prints: KEHA has a limited number of prints available and is working to close out the inventory. Prints may be ordered as part of your state meeting registration. View the print at www.keha.org.
Membership Update: The total membership for this year is 14,462 – an increase of 35 members! This is the second year in the past four years when KEHA realized an increase in membership. A complete membership report will be shared in voting delegate packets at the KEHA State Meeting.
Dates to Remember:
- April 23: Final postmark deadline for KEHA State Meeting registration
- May 7-9: 85th KEHA State Meeting – Crowne Plaza, Louisville, Kentucky
- May 15: 990N Deadline for 501(c)(3) organizations with fiscal year ending December 31