2019 KEHA State Meeting: Mark your calendars for the 2019 KEHA State Meeting to be held May 14-16 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Louisville. The lodging room block is open for reservations. The room rate is $114 per night + tax for standard rooms and $139 to $189 + tax for suites. To reserve by phone, call 1-888-233-9527 and request the KEHA rate. Reservations may also be made online, and the link is posted on the KEHA website State Meeting page.
2019 KEHA State Elections: KEHA is seeking nominees for three elected state board positions: Secretary, 4-H Youth Development Chair, and Management & Safety Chair. Job descriptions, credential forms and additional details are posted in a feature story on the KEHA website. Credentials will be due by April 13, 2019.
KEHA Membership Recognitions: The KEHA Membership Recognition Report is due February 1 (see KEHA Manual, Appendix, page 18). For membership tenure recognition, only those reaching the denoted milestone this year should be included on the report. Send to Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 103 Highland Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004. The report may also be submitted electronically at 2018-2019 KEHA Membership Recognition Report. It is important that we receive this report from every county as the club numbers will be used in finalizing the printing order for the KEHA Recreation, Inspiration and Book List.
KEHA Development Grants: KEHA development grants provide areas and counties with the opportunity to obtain funding for projects. Applications must be submitted by KEHA members. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 107-111, and are available via this link. Applications must be submitted by March 1st. Send to Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 103 Highland Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004.
KEHA Mini-Grants for Study or Research: Kentucky offers mini-grants of up to $500 for study or research. Applications may be submitted by KEHA members, FCS agents, or FCS specialists. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 104-106, and are available via this link. Applications must be submitted by March 1st. Send to Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 103 Highland Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004.
KEHA Scholarships: KEHA provides two educational scholarship programs:
- The Evans/Hansen/Weldon scholarship is open to any full-time student attending a college or accredited undergraduate program in Kentucky and majoring in a Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Environmental Science degree program. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 94-98 and are available via this link. Please promote this in your county. Applications are due by March 1st to Karen Yerkey, 6992 Hwy 1740, Hardinsburg, KY 40143-6182.
- The KEHA Homemaker Member Scholarship is open to KEHA members with a minimum of 3 years of active membership. The scholarship may be used for any college or university, as well as for a trade or technical school. It is intended for students pursuing their first degree or certification. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 99-102 and are available via this link. Please share this with your members. Applications are due by March 1st to Karen Yerkey, 6992 Hwy 1740, Hardinsburg, KY 40143-6182.
KEHA Merchandise Sale: In May 2018, KEHA adopted a new state logo. To prepare for ordering new merchandise with the new logo, the KEHA Board is offering a half-price sale on all in-stock merchandise with the legacy logo. The KEHA website has been updated to reflect the discounted pricing and a revised order form is available. Order now while inventory is available. View items, see pricing, and download the order form on the Marketing Items page.
KEHA State Newsletter – The KEHA State Newsletter will include all registration details for the 2019 KEHA State Meeting and is scheduled to post to the KEHA website the week of February 4th. Mailed copies should reach KEHA members before the end of February.
KEHA Quilt Square Showcase and Auction – The Quilt Square Showcase and Auction will return to the 2019 KEHA State Meeting! Members are invited to make a 12” finished quilt square for entry in the showcase and auction. Additional details are posted on the KEHA State Meeting web page.
KEHA Contest Reminders
- Due to Marilyn Watson, Cultural Arts Chairman, 2286 Melwood Drive, Henderson, KY 42420: Handbook 40-41a – Creative Writing: Poetry, Memoirs, and Short Story. Entries due 3/1/19.
- Due to Karen Yerkey, Leadership Development Chairman, 6992 Hwy 1740, Hardinsburg, KY 40143-6182: Handbook 88 – Community Volunteerism Awards (club and county). Entries due 3/1/19.
- Due to Debbie Pierce, 429 Marsailles Road, Versailles, KY 40383: Handbook 49a – Adopt-A-Highway Awards. Entries due 3/1/19.
- Due to Leoni Mundelius, Family and Individual Development Chairman, 675 Ky Hwy 198, Stanford, KY 40484: Handbook 55 – Strengthening Families Contest. Entries due 3/1/19.
- Due to Julie Hook, Food, Nutrition & Health Chairman, 74 County Road 1021, Cunningham, KY 42035: Handbook 59 – Ovarian Cancer Fundraising Contest and Promoting a Healthy Kentucky Contest. Entries due 3/1/19.
- Due to Nancy Snouse, 4-H Youth Development Chairman, 6110 Twelve Oaks Drive, Ashland, KY 41102: Handbook 65-66 – Homemakers Support 4-H. Entries due 3/1/19.
- Due to Becky Clay, International Chairman, 7668 Ky Route 580, Oil Springs, KY 41238: Handbook 71-72 – International Project Awards. Entries due 3/1/19.
Dates to Remember
- February 1 – Due date for KEHA Membership Recognition Report
- Week of February 4th – KEHA State Newsletter available at www.keha.org
- March 1 – KEHA Development Grant, Mini-Grant, Scholarship and Contest Entry Deadline