KEHA News and Notes – September 2021
- 2022 State Meeting – Please mark the NEW dates for the KEHA State Meeting in your calendar. The meeting now will be held May 10-12, 2022, at the Owensboro Convention Center. The theme is “KEHA: We Have You Covered.” Licking River Area will serve as the host area. The lodging room blocks are now open for reservations. Details can be found on the KEHA website on the state meeting page.
- 2022 State Meeting Learning Session Proposals – Learning session proposals for the 2022 KEHA State Meeting are due by Oct. 15, 2021. Send the form to: Henrietta Sheffel, KEHA 1st Vice President, 1801 Little Creek Road, Jackson, KY 41339 or email@example.com. The form can be found on the KEHA State Meeting page. KEHA members are encouraged to consider presenting a learning session at the state meeting next year.
- Board Vacancy – Due to unexpected circumstances, the KEHA State Board is looking for a Leadership Development Educational Chairman. The position description and the KEHA State Chairman Nomination Form are posted online. Mail credentials by certified mail to KEHA Secretary Judy Jackson, postmarked no later than Oct. 8 to be considered. Qualified members are encouraged to apply.
- New Chairman Advisor – Congratulations to Janet Mullins, who will serve as advisor to the KEHA International Education Chair.
- KEHA Week will be recognized October 10-16, 2021 – The tagline for the celebration this year is The Adventure Awaits with KEHA. Please check the KEHA website leading up to the week for materials, including a planning worksheet, updated sample proclamation, and more. County Extension offices will receive a digital resource kit for use in celebrating the week.
- KEHA Recognized During Ovarian Cancer Event – KEHA was recently recognized at a press event to kickoff Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. Find links to the UK news story, video, and photos on the Food, Nutrition and Health Educational Chair webpage.
Dates to Remember
- October 10-16 – KEHA Week
- October 15 – Deadline for submitting session proposals or the 2022 KEHA State Meeting (See KEHA Manual Appendix page 30)
- October 31 – Due date to send Area KEHA Officer Directories to the KEHA President and State Advisor. Use directory form found in the KEHA Manual Appendix pages 12-13.
- November 15 - Due date for 990N (e-postcard) or 990 tax return for 501(c)(3) groups with a fiscal year ending June 30.
- December 15 – County dues due to the KEHA State Treasurer and Area Treasurer (use remittance form found in the KEHA Manual Appendix page 16). Please send remittance to Harlene Welch, KEHA Treasurer, 207 Fifth Street, Cynthiana, KY 41031.