KEHA Membership Recognitions: Several counties have not yet submitted the KEHA Membership Recognition Report (see KEHA Manual, Appendix, page 18). For membership tenure recognition, only those reaching the denoted milestone this year should be included on the report. Send to Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 103 Highland Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004. The report may also be submitted electronically at 2018-2019 KEHA Membership Recognition Report. It is important that we receive this report from every county as the club numbers will be used in finalizing the printing order for the KEHA Recreation, Inspiration and Book List.
2019 KEHA State Elections: KEHA is seeking nominees for three elected state board positions: Secretary, 4-H Youth Development Chair, and Management & Safety Chair. Job descriptions, credential forms and additional details are posted in a feature story on the KEHA website. Credentials must be sent certified mail and postmarked by April 13, 2019.
KEHA State Meeting Updates: Registrations are arriving daily for the KEHA State Meeting. Additional details regarding the meeting are available at www.keha.org. A few highlights to note:
- The opening banquet on Tuesday, May 14th, will feature performers from The Stephen Foster Story. The banquet will celebrate the meeting theme – The Sun Shines Bright. Attendees are encouraged to wear bright colors, especially the blue and yellow represented in the KEHA logo.
- The General Session on Wednesday, May 15th, will feature UK student Gracie Furnish and a performance by the KEHA Choir.
- The awards luncheon will wrap-up the meeting on Wednesday, May 16th.
- The ACWW Women Walk the World event is back again this year! Plan to walk with fellow KEHA members Tuesday, May 14th at 4:30 p.m. Additional details are included in the KEHA newsletter.
- SEMINAR NOTES: The Wool Applique class at 1:30 p.m. on May 14th is FULL, and the 3:15 p.m. session is near capacity. Refunds of the class fee will be issued at State Meeting for anyone whose payment was received after the class reached capacity. The “In an Instant Pot” session on May 15th is near capacity.
- SILENT AUCTION: Each county is encouraged to bring an item to the State Meeting for the silent auction. Proceeds from the auction will be utilized in hosting the National Volunteer Outreach Network Annual Conference in July 2021.
- RAFFLE BASKET: Each area is asked to provide a themed gift basket for the State Meeting raffle. Proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Ovarian Cancer Research and Screening Program.
- QUILT SQUARE AUCTION AND SHOWCASE: Details regarding the KEHA Quilt Square Auction and Showcase are available on the KEHA website State Meeting page. Proceeds from the auction will help offset costs associated with the KEHA State Meeting.
- LODGING ROOMS: The deadline to reserve lodging rooms at the discounted rate is Friday, April 12th. The room rate is $114 per night + tax for standard rooms and $139 to $189 + tax for suites. To reserve by phone, call 1-888-233-9527 and request the KEHA rate. Reservations may also be made online via the link posted on the KEHA website State Meeting page.
Knit and Crochet Corner: A new event at the State Meeting will be the Knit and Crochet Corner (KC Corner). KC Corner will be a place to relax and knit or crochet blocks while showcasing the kindness and caring ever-present in KEHA. Volunteers will also join blocks together to create child-sized blankets to be donated to Norton Children’s Hospital in Louisville on May 16th. Interested members may bring 7”x 9” blocks that are crocheted or knit from acrylic yarn to the State Meeting. Donations of acrylic yarn will also be accepted. Completed blankets approximately 35 inches wide by 45 inches long will also be accepted and should be washed and placed in a zipper-sealed bag. Learn more in the KEHA newsletter or on the website on the State Meeting page.
KEHA Brand Guidelines: The KEHA Board adopted ‘brand guidelines’ to provide guidance for clubs, counties and areas utilizing the KEHA logo. The guidelines are now available on the KEHA website on the Marketing & Recruiting page. KEHA Merchandise Sale: In May 2018, KEHA adopted a new state logo. To prepare for ordering new merchandise with the new logo, the KEHA Board is offering a half-price sale on all in-stock merchandise with the legacy logo. The KEHA website has been updated to reflect the discounted pricing and a revised order form is available. Order now while inventory is available. View items, see pricing, and download the order form on the Marketing Items page.
Dates to Remember
- April 13 - Deadline for KEHA state officer and chairman credentials
- April 15 - Postmark deadline for KEHA State Meeting registration at the reduced registration fee
- April 29 - Final postmark deadline for KEHA State Meeting registration
- May 14-16 - 86th KEHA State Meeting – Crowne Plaza, Louisville, Kentucky
- May 15 - 990N Deadline for 501(c)(3) organizations with fiscal year ending December 31