Kick It Up Team KEHA
KEHA Week has drawn to a close and we hope you all enjoyed “kicking it up” to celebrate the organization. Thank you for your active participation locally and via the KEHA Facebook page.
Coverings for Kids
Has your county participated in the Coverings for Kids Initiative and provided face masks for local schools? Please let us know about your work. If you have donated or are donating masks to a local school district, we invite you to email a photo and information to email@example.com. We will be posting “shout outs” on the KEHA Facebook page.
KEHA Facemasks Available
KEHA continues to offer embroidered cloth face masks for purchase! The blue cotton knit masks include the KEHA logo embroidered in yellow and white. Cost is $7 each. View photos and access the merchandise order form on the KEHA website in the Marketing and Recruiting section.
COVID 19 Guidance for KEHA Meetings
In late August, the KEHA guidance for meetings during COVID-19 was updated. This guidance document is available in the Quick Links on the KEHA website. Meetings held in Extension facilities must follow any participation limits and policies applicable in Extension. Meetings held in private homes or properties fall under the Kentucky Executive Order limiting gatherings to 10 people or fewer. Meetings held in any commercial facilities must comply with the specific guidance provided by the facility. Additional details are included in the document on the KEHA website.
2021 KEHA State Elections
The cancellation of the 2020 KEHA State Meeting has increased the number of state-level positions open for election in 2021. Credentials will be sought for a total of eleven positions. The following positions will be elected with terms to begin following State Meeting and ending June 30, 2023: 1st Vice President; Treasurer; Marketing & Publicity Chair; Environment, Housing & Energy Chair; Food, Nutrition & Health Chair; and Leadership Development Chair. The following positions will be elected for three-year terms from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2024: 2nd Vice President; Cultural Arts and Heritage Chair; Family and Individual Development Chair; and International Chair. In addition, a President-elect will be elected to serve from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022 in this capacity and then transition to President from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2025. Job descriptions for these positions are available on the KEHA website in the “State Board” section. Credentials will be due by March 27, 2021. Watch for additional information in the spring.
2021 KEHA State Meeting
KEHA is currently planning for an in-person State Meeting in 2021 and monitoring public health guidance. The meeting is scheduled April 27-29, 2021 at the Sloan Convention Center and Holiday Inn University Plaza in Bowling Green. The room block at the Holiday Inn University Plaza is open for reservation. Standard rooms are $119 plus tax and suite are $149 plus tax. To make reservations by phone, call 270-745-0088 and request the KEHA conference rate. To make reservations online, click here. A Save the Date flyer is posted on the KEHA website.
KEHA Facebook Page
The KEHA Facebook continues to feature Cultural Arts Category Spotlights and KEHA Board Member Spotlights. Current news and announcements are also posted to the page. Find the page online at www.facebook.com/OfficialKEHA. Like and follow the page – and encourage other members to do the same!
Nominations Sought for Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild
The Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild is dedicated to honoring farm women and promoting agriculture in Kentucky. The Guild is currently accepting membership nominations from all Extension districts. A person recognized as a Kentucky Master Farm Homemaker:
- is a member in good standing of the Kentucky Extension Homemakers Association and has been a member at least three years (mailbox members are eligible);
- is a farm woman who owns a working farm and is included in the labor and/or management of the farm;
- derives a percentage of the family income from the farm operation.
- is knowledgeable and supportive of the Cooperative Extension Service;
- gives unselfish service to her family, community, state and nation; and
- is nominated from the club, county and/or district where KEHA membership is held.
The County Info Sheet and details regarding the new member selection process are available on the Master Farm Homemakers Guild web page. County nominees should complete and submit the County Information form by November 15, 2020.
Dates to Remember
- October 31 – Due date to send Area KEHA Officer Directories to the KEHA President and State Advisor (use directory form found in the KEHA Manual, Appendix pages 12-13)
- November 11 – KEHA State Board Meeting via Zoom
- November 15 - Due date for 990N (e-postcard) or 990 tax return for 501(c)(3) groups with a fiscal year ending June 30.
- December 15 – County dues due to the KEHA State Treasurer and Area Treasurer (use remittance form found in the KEHA Manual, Appendix page 19). Please note: The KEHA Treasuer’s address has changed. Please send remittance to Harlene Welch, KEHA Treasurer, 207 Fifth Street, Cynthiana, KY 41031.