State Meeting Registration – The final registration deadline for the 2019 KEHA State Meeting is quickly approaching! Registrations must be postmarked no later than April 29. Please remember that any registrations mailed from now until April 29 are subject to the late registration fee. Registration forms and details are available on the KEHA website.
State Board Elections – Qualified credentials have been received for the 4-H Youth Development Chairman position and will be available via the KEHA website April 26, 2019. Candidates are still being sought for the positions of Secretary and Management & Safety Chairman. Credentials for these positions must be submitted to the nominating committee prior to the KEHA Business Meeting scheduled for May 15th at 10:00 a.m. Any candidates whose credentials are deemed to be in order will need to be nominated from the floor during the business meeting.
KEHA State Meeting – Notes and Reminders:
- Registration will open Tuesday, May 14th at 9:00 a.m. in the Crowne Ballroom Foyer.
- The opening banquet on Tuesday, May 14th will feature cast members from The Stephen Foster Story. The banquet will celebrate the theme – The Sun Shines Bright. Attendees are encouraged to wear bright colors, especially the blue and yellow featured in the KEHA logo.
- The General Session on Wednesday, May 15th, will feature the KEHA Choir and UK student and former National FFA Regional Vice President Gracie Furnish.
- The awards luncheon will wrap-up the meeting on Thursday, May 16th.
- The ACWW Women Walk the World event is back again this year! Plan to walk with fellow KEHA members Tuesday, May 14th at 4:30 p.m. Additional details are included in the KEHA newsletter.
- SILENT AUCTION: Each county is encouraged to bring an item to the State Meeting for the silent auction. Proceeds from the auction will be utilized in hosting the National Volunteer Outreach Network Conference in Owensboro in 2021. To comply with Kentucky Alcohol and Beverage Control regulations, no alcoholic beverages may be included in the silent auction.
- RAFFLE BASKETS: Each area is asked to provide a themed-gift basket to the State Meeting for the raffle. Proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Ovarian Cancer Research and Screening Program. To comply with Kentucky Alcohol and Beverage Control regulations, no alcoholic beverages may be included in raffle baskets.
- QUILT SQUARE SHOWCASE AND AUCTION: Details regarding the KEHA Quilt Square Auction and Showcase are available on the KEHA website State Meeting page. Proceeds from the auction will help offset costs associated with the KEHA State Meeting.
- KC Corner: A new event at the State Meeting will be the Knit and Crochet Corner (KC Corner). KC Corner will be a place to relax and knit or crochet blocks while showcasing the kindness and caring ever-present in KEHA. Volunteers will also join blocks together to create child-sized blankets to be donated to Norton Children’s Hospital in Louisville on May 16th. Interested members may bring 7”x 9” blocks that are crocheted or knit from acrylic yarn to the State Meeting. Donations of acrylic yarn will also be accepted. Completed blankets approximately 35 inches wide by 45 inches long will also be accepted and should be washed and placed in a zipper-sealed bag. Learn more in the KEHA newsletter or on the website on the State Meeting page.
KEHA Brand Guidelines: The KEHA Board adopted ‘brand guidelines’ to provide guidance for clubs, counties and areas utilizing the KEHA logo. The guidelines are now available on the KEHA website on the Marketing & Recruiting page.
KEHA Merchandise Sale: In May 2018, KEHA adopted a new state logo. To prepare for ordering new merchandise with the new logo, the KEHA Board is offering a half-price sale on all in-stock merchandise with the legacy logo. The KEHA website has been updated to reflect the discounted pricing and a revised order form is available. Order now while inventory is available. View items, see pricing, and download the order form on the Marketing Items page.
KEHA Prints: KEHA has a limited number of prints available and is working to close out the inventory. Prints may be ordered as part of your state meeting registration. View the print on the KEHA website on the Marketing & Recruiting page.
Membership Update: The total membership for this year is 13,909 – a decrease from last year. Seminars scheduled during State Meeting will share ideas for increasing membership and marketing KEHA at the local level. A complete membership report will be shared in voting delegate packets at the KEHA State Meeting.
Dates to Remember:
- April 29: Final postmark deadline for KEHA State Meeting registration
- May 14-16: 86th KEHA State Meeting – Crowne Plaza, Louisville, Kentucky
- May 15: 990N Deadline for 501(c)(3) organizations with fiscal year ending December 31