2016-2017 KEHA Reports
It’s the final call for KEHA Area reports! The deadline was September 15, 2017. If you are an area leader and have not yet sent your report, please do so as soon as possible. Be sure to use the forms dated 2016-2017. Fillable PDF files are available on the reports page.
KEHA Week – October 8-14, 2017
Counties are encouraged to celebrate KEHA Week October 8-14, 2017! A new page has been added to the KEHA website with suggestions and a sample proclamation. Find the new page at www.keha.org in the “Quick Links” section.
KEHA Marketing and Publicity (from Jennifer Williams, KEHA Marketing and Publicity Chair)
It's thrilling to be your State Chair for Marketing & Publicity! You will be seeing more tools and approaches to help gain new club members in the months to come. It all starts with a personal approach, so be sure to empower your members to share the best-kept secret in Kentucky. Here are some suggestions:
- Divide your group into pairs and have them role-play inviting a friend to join Homemakers. Keep a timer and limit each person to 2 minutes. Switch so that everyone gets a chance to practice.
- Have an impromptu Elevator Speech contest. Each member draws a question from a hat and has one minute to answer it. Possible questions:
- Why are you a Homemaker?
- How do you make time to go to Homemakers?
- What does Homemakers have to offer besides crafts and cooking?
- Is Homemakers for a person like me?
- A gift membership card has been developed! It can be printed and used as a gift membership. Members can purchase a gift membership card for the cost of annual dues, attach a membership form, and present the card to friends and neighbors. County officers are encouraged to create guidelines for using the cards in your county. The cards are designed to print then fold to create a finished 4 ¼ x 5 ½ card. The file is posted at www.keha.org in the “Member Resources” section. Check the left menu for the link. It’s a ‘fillable’ PDF, so you can add the name of the recipient and presenter before printing. Print an example to promote these at club meetings. What a welcome gift, and a great way to introduce Homemakers to friends!
Have you invited friends to Homemakers? Share your success stories with me to be included in an upcoming feature in News & Notes.
Jenn Williams email@example.com
2018 KEHA State Meeting
Mark your calendars for the 2018 KEHA State Meeting to be held May 7-9 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Louisville. The lodging room block is open for reservations. The room rate is $109 per night + tax for standard rooms and $129 + tax for suites. To reserve by phone, call 1-888-233-9527 and request the KEHA rate. Reservations may also be made online, and the link is posted on the KEHA website under the “State Meeting” tab.
2018 KEHA State Meeting – Learning Session Proposals – Learning session proposals for the 2018 KEHA State Meeting are due by October 15 to Sharon Wood, KEHA 1st Vice President, 11 Cindy Ann Avenue, Campbellsville, KY 42718. The form is in the KEHA Manual Appendix. KEHA members are encouraged to consider presenting a learning session at the state meeting next year!
KEHA Membership, Officer and Anniversary Pins
For many years, KEHA pins have been available for purchase through the Harry Klitzner Company. The company has closed its doors and no new orders will be accepted. At this time, a new vendor has not been identified. Please be aware that there will be a window of time without a vendor. As soon as updates are available, the information will be shared.
Dates to Remember
- October 8-14 – KEHA Week
- October 15 – Deadline for 2018 KEHA State Meeting Learning Session Proposals
- October 31 – Due date to send Area KEHA Officer Directors to the KEHA President and State Advisor