Welcome New KEHA Officers – Welcome to the four newly elected KEHA state officers and chairmen who will serve three-year terms beginning July 1, 2022.
- President: Brenda Hammons, Lincoln County
- Secretary: Wanda Atha, Franklin County
- 4-H Youth Development Chair: Denise Boebinger, Franklin County
- Management and Safety Chair: Peggy Tracy, Bourbon County
State Meeting Recap – Thank you to everyone for a successful state meeting! It takes every area across the state fulfilling their assignments to make this meeting happen. Here are a few highlights from our week:
- Total attendance was 437. There were 73 first-time attendees.
- The board voted to increase state dues by $1 to $5 per member and to re-examine dues levels every five years. This change takes effect July 1, 2022.
- The board voted to hold a KEHA Leadership Academy on March 1-3, 2023, at Blue Licks Battlefield State Resort Park. Funding will come from the 2022 silent auction basket raffle at state meeting, left-over funds from the 2020 Leadership Academy, and carryover funds from 2021 to total $10,000. Additional information, including details for the application process, will be released this summer.
- Other bylaws changes voted on by the board were to clarify wording related to state officer and chairmen election in several sections. The amendments are included in the voting delegate packet linked below.
- Voting delegate packets are available on the state meeting webpage.
- Cultural arts judging results are available on the state meeting webpage.
- More than $6,700 was raised to support designated projects through the basket raffle, silent auction, and quilt square auction. Additional details are included in a feature story on the KEHA website.
State Meeting Evaluations Summary – More than 30% of attendees completed evaluation forms and rated the conference very highly, indicating a wealth of knowledge they will take home to implement locally. Evaluations indicated that attendees enjoyed both of the keynote speakers, the officer trainings, educational chairman workshops, and educational sessions, such as Cherished Possessions and Derby Delights. When asked what “lessons learned” attendees will implement locally, many mentioned improving reporting of volunteer hours, participating in awards and contests, utilizing membership tips, and sharing lessons presented, such as Pin Weaving. For additional meeting details, review the feature story on the website.
Save the Date for 2023 State Meeting – Next year’s KEHA State Meeting will take place May 9-11, 2023, at the Crowne Plaza in Louisville, Ky. Watch for details coming soon!
Reports Are Due Soon – KEHA has adopted a new process to use for submission of program of work reports. Be sure to use forms dated 2021-2022. Visit the Reports webpage for a detailed process timeline and links to fillable forms. In short, deadlines are as follows:
- Individual VSU logs (paper forms) are due July 1 to the county. The county must submit to the Area Leadership Development Chair by Aug. 15. Area chairs submit to State Chair Ann Porter by Sept. 15.
- Educational program of work reports (paper forms) for each club are due July 1 to the county. The county will tally all club forms and submit the county totals online by Aug. 15, printing a copy to share with the area educational chairmen.
Choir Accepting New Members – Congratulations to the members of the KEHA Choir for an outstanding performance. This year’s choir members are listed on page 19 of the 2022 State Meeting Program. KEHA members interested in joining the choir should contact Choir Director Wendy Hood, Fort Harrod Area President, at 859-613-2575 or email@example.com.
National Volunteer Outreach Network (NVON) Conference – The 23rd annual NVON Conference will be hosted July 25-27, 2022, in Evansville, Indiana, near the western Kentucky border. Any KEHA member is eligible to register and attend. Meeting details are available on the NVON website.
Dates to Remember
- June 20 – Postmark deadline for National Volunteer Outreach Network (NVON) Conference registration at regular rates.
- June 30 – KEHA year ends.
- July 1 – Due date for club reports to be submitted to the county (paper forms). This includes both program of work reports and volunteer service logs.
- July 25-27 - National Volunteer Outreach Network (NVON) Conference in Evansville, Indiana.