2018 KEHA State Meeting - Mark your calendars for the 2018 KEHA State Meeting to be held May 7-9 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Louisville. The lodging room block is open for reservations. The room rate is $109 per night + tax for standard rooms. The initial block of suites is sold out. Additional suites have been added at a cost of $169 per night for a deluxe king suite or $179 per night for a deluxe 2 bed suite. To reserve by phone, call 1-888-233-9527 and request the KEHA rate. Reservations may also be made online, and the link is posted on the KEHA website under the “State Meeting” tab.
KEHA Membership Recognitions – The KEHA Membership Recognition Report is due February 1st (see KEHA Manual, Appendix, page 18). For membership tenure recognition, only those reaching the denoted milestone this year should be included on the report. Send to: Marena Nelson, KEHA 2nd Vice President, P.O. Box 634, Martin, KY 41649-0634. The report may also be submitted electronically at: 2017_18 KEHA Membership Recognition Report.
2018 KEHA State Board Elections – KEHA will be seeking candidates for five state board positions this spring. Please encourage your leaders to consider the positions listed below.
- 2nd Vice President
- Cultural Arts and Heritage Chairman
- Family and Individual Development Chairman
- International Chairman
Duties for all positions are detailed in the KEHA Bylaws, and job descriptions are posted on the KEHA website in the State Board section. Credential forms are found in the KEHA Manual Appendix on pages 6 & 7 for state educational chairmen and pages 8 & 9 for state officers. Credentials must be submitted via certified mail to Starlene Harris, KEHA Secretary, 138 Dickerson Road, Olive Hill, KY 41164-8116 by April 7th.
KEHA Development Grants – KEHA development grants provide areas and counties with the opportunity to obtain funding for projects. Applications must be submitted by KEHA members. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 107-111, and on the KEHA website in the Member Resources section. Proposals must be submitted by March 1st to Marena Nelson, 2nd Vice President, P. O Box 634, Martin, KY 41649-0634.
KEHA Mini-Grants for Study or Research – KEHA offers mini-grants of up to $500 for study or research. Applications may be submitted by KEHA members, FCS agents, or FCS specialists. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 104-106, and on the KEHA website in the Member Resources section. Proposals must be submitted by March 1st to Marena Nelson, 2nd Vice President, P. O Box 634, Martin, KY 41649-0634.
KEHA Scholarships – KEHA provides two educational scholarship programs:
- The Evans/Hansen/Weldon scholarship is open to any full-time student attending a college or accredited undergraduate program in Kentucky, and majoring in a Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Environmental Science degree program. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 94-98. Please promote this in your county. Applications are due by March 1st to Karen Yerkey, 6992 Hwy 1740, Hardinsburg, KY 40143-6182.
- The KEHA Homemaker Member Scholarship is open to KEHA members with a minimum of 3 years of active membership. The scholarship may be used for any college or university, as well as for a trade or technical school. It is intended for students pursuing their first degree or certification. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 99-102. Please share this with your members. Applications are due by March 1st to Karen Yerkey, 6992 Hwy 1740, Hardinsburg, KY 40143-6182.
KEHA State Newsletter – The KEHA State Newsletter will include all registration details for the 2018 KEHA State Meeting. It is scheduled to be sent to the printer the week of February 5th and will be available via www.keha.org by February 12th.
KEHA Quilt Square Showcase and Auction – The Quilt Square Showcase and Auction will return to the 2018 KEHA State Meeting! Members are invited to make a 12” finished quilt square for entry in the showcase and auction. See the KEHA website (www.keha.org), State Meeting section, for additional information.
KEHA Contest and Report Reminders
- Due to Julia Lainhart, Cultural Arts Chairman, 512 Pinoak Drive, Nicholasville, KY 40356
- Handbook 40-41 – Creative Writing: Poetry, Memoirs, and Short Story – Entries due 3/1/18
- Due to Karen Yerkey, Leadership Development Chairman, 6992 Hw7 1740, Hardinsburg, KY 40143-6182.
- Handbook 89 – Community Volunteerism Awards (club and county) – Entries due 3/1/18
- Due to Marilyn Craycroft, Family and Individual Development Chairman, 159 Atwill Street, Brandenburg, KY 40108
- Handbook 55 – Strengthening Families Contest - Entries due 3/1/18
- Due to Carolyn Horn, Food, Nutrition & Health Chairman, 259 Shady Lane, Crittenden, KY 41030
- Handbook 59 – Ovarian Cancer Fundraising Contest – Entries due 3/1/18
- Handbook 59 – Promoting a Healthy Kentucky Contest – Entries due 3/1/18
- Due to Nancy Snouse, 4-H Youth Development Chairman, 6110 Twelve Oaks Drive, Ashland, KY 41102
- Handbook 65-66 – Homemakers Support 4-H – Entries due 3/1/18
- Due to Leonidisa Mundelius, International Chairman, 675 Ky Hwy 198, Stanford, KY 40484
- Handbook 71-72 – International Project Awards – Entries due 3/1/18
Ruth B. Sayre Scholarship – As members of the Country Women’s Council USA, both KEHA and the Kentucky Master Farm Homemakers Guild are eligible to submit one application for the Ruth B. Sayre Scholarship. The scholarship is offered to foster educational development for women. Learn more at http://www.cwcusa.org/sample-page/ruth-buxton-sayre-scholarship-2/. Applications are due by March 1st to either Marlene McComas, KEHA President, 125 Lynnwood Drive, Williamstown, KY 41097 or Martha Boyd, Master Farm Homemakers Guild President, 5035 Main Street, May’s Lick, KY 41055.