KEHA Dues Deadlines
The KEHA state remittance form and dues are due to the state treasurer in December. Dues payment and the remittance form (KEHA Appendix, page 19) are due by December 15 and are delinquent if not submitted by December 31. Mail with check made payable to KEHA to Harlene Welch, 207 Fifth Street, Cynthiana, KY 41031 [Please note: This is a new address this year].
KEHA Membership Drive Awards
The KEHA membership drive awards are based upon your county’s December dues remittance. The county with the greatest percentage increase in membership will receive the Ms. E. Go award and $300. The county with the greatest increase in the number of members will receive the Ms. Way to Go award and $300.
2019-2020 KEHA Reports
The 2019-2020 KEHA reports are now available on the KEHA website. Access the educational chairman and area president reports on the KEHA Reports page. A current post series on the KEHA Facebook page is sharing highlights from reports. The series will continue throughout December.
2021 KEHA State Elections
The cancellation of the 2020 KEHA State Meeting has increased the number of state-level positions open for election in 2021. Credentials will be sought for a total of eleven positions. The following positions will be elected with terms to begin following State Meeting and ending June 30, 2023: 1st Vice President; Treasurer; Marketing & Publicity Chair; Environment, Housing & Energy Chair; Food, Nutrition & Health Chair; and Leadership Development Chair. The following positions will be elected for three-year terms from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2024: 2nd Vice President; Cultural Arts and Heritage Chair; Family and Individual Development Chair; and International Chair. In addition, a President-elect will be elected to serve from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022 in this capacity and then transition to President from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2025. Job descriptions for these positions are available on the KEHA website in the “State Board” section. Credentials will be due by March 27, 2021. Watch for additional information in the spring.
KEHA Membership Recognitions
The KEHA Membership Recognition Report is due February 1 (see KEHA Manual, Appendix, page 17). For membership tenure recognition, only those reaching the denoted milestone this year should be included in the report. Send to Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 103 Highland Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004. The report may also be submitted electronically at 2020-2021 Membership Recognition Report.
KEHA Development Grants
KEHA development grants provide areas and counties with the opportunity to obtain funding for projects. Applications must be submitted by KEHA members. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 107-111, and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Applications must be submitted by March 1st. Send to Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 103 Highland Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004.
KEHA Mini-Grants for Study or Research
KEHA offers mini-grants of up to $500 for study or research. Applications may be submitted by KEHA members, FCS agents, or FCS specialists. The guidelines and application form are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 104-106, and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Applications must be submitted by March 1st. Send to Lois Pressgrove, KEHA 2nd Vice President, 103 Highland Drive, Bardstown, KY 40004.
KEHA provides two educational scholarship programs:
- The Evans/Hansen/Weldon Scholarship is open to any full-time student attending a college or accredited undergraduate program in Kentucky and majoring in a Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Environmental Science degree program. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 94-98 and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Please promote this in your county. Applications are due by March 1st to Karen Yerkey, 6992 Hwy 1740, Hardinsburg, KY 40143-6182.
- The KEHA Homemaker Member Scholarship is open to KEHA members with a minimum of 3 years of active membership. The scholarship may be used for any college or university, as well as for a trade or technical school. It is intended for students pursuing their first degree or certification. Details and the scholarship application are included in the KEHA Manual, Handbook section, pages 99-102 and on the KEHA website under “Member Resources.” Please share this with your members. Applications are due by March 1st to Karen Yerkey, 6992 Hwy 1740, Hardinsburg, KY 40143-6182.
COVID 19 Guidance for KEHA Meetings
The KEHA guidance for meetings during COVID-19 was updated on November 20, 2020. This guidance document is available in the Quick Links on the KEHA website. Please be sure to review the guidance prior to planning local meetings or activities and stay attuned to changing local public health guidance. The goal is for the membership to be safe while staying engaged. Please note: Additional updates are expected as Kentucky emergency regulations and Executive Orders change. The website is the best source to access the current guidance.
KEHA Merchandise Available
KEHA merchandise orders continue to roll in to 2nd Vice President Lois Pressgrove. Embroidered cloth face masks are available for a cost of $7 each. The blue cotton knit masks include the KEHA logo embroidered in yellow and white. The jar grips, chips clips, and embroidered hand towels that were recently out of stock are now available. View photos, access the merchandise order form, and find contact information for Lois on the KEHA website in the Marketing and Recruiting section.
Dates to Remember
- December 15 – County dues due to the KEHA State Treasurer and Area Treasurer (use remittance form found in the KEHA Manual, Appendix page 19).
- December 31 – Dues deadline. Any county that does not submit state dues by this date will not be eligible to vote at the 2021 KEHA Business Meeting.
- December 31 – Deadline date for fundraising-based recognitions (ovarian cancer fundraising, KEHA scholarship contributions, Coins for Change contributions). Awards will be based upon funds forwarded to the KEHA state treasurer with state dues and noted on the remittance form.
- February 1 – Due date for KEHA Membership Recognition Report.
- March 1 – KEHA development grant, mini-grant, scholarship, and contest entry deadline.