2018 KEHA State Meeting
Thank you to everyone for your support of the 2018 KEHA State Meeting. It takes every area across the state fulfilling their assignments to make the meeting happen. Below please find a few highlights from the meeting.
- 592 people were registered, including 108 first-time attendees.
- $2,241 was raised through the silent auction to support the final push campaign for the library in the village of Adjeikrom in Ghana, Africa.
- $2,483 was raised through the theme basket raffle for the UK Ovarian Cancer Research Program.
- $1,702 was raised through the quilt square auction to support the KEHA state meeting.
Welcome New KEHA Officers
Welcome to the five newly elected KEHA state officers and chairmen who will serve three-year terms beginning July 1, 2018.
- President-elect: Karen Hill, Henderson County
- 2nd Vice President: Lois Pressgrove, Nelson County
- Cultural Arts & Heritage Chairman: Marilyn Watson, Henderson County
- Family & Individual Development Chairman: Leoni Mundelius, Lincoln County
- International Chairman: Becky Clay, Johnson County
Congratulations to Breathitt County for winning Ms. E. Go for the second consecutive year for having the greatest percentage increase in membership (100%) and to Boyd County for winning Ms. Way To Go for the greatest increase in members (78 new members)! The annual contests for membership increase are continuing in 2018-19. The county with the greatest percentage increase will receive Ms. E. Go and $300. The county with the greatest increase in number of members will receive Ms. Way To Go and $300.
Congratulations to the twenty-two counties who achieved the second milestone in the “3 for 3” campaign which challenged each county to increase membership with a net gain of at least 3 for the 3 years (2016 dues submission, 2017 dues submission and 2018 dues submission). These counties remain eligible for a $500 incentive with a continued increase of at least 3 members each of next year. One county will be randomly drawn from among those eligible at the 2019 KEHA State Meeting.
2019 KEHA State Meeting
Planning is underway for the 2019 KEHA State Meeting to be held May 14-16 back at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Louisville. A few adjustments will be made to the meeting schedule, but all activities will take place in three days (Tuesday-Thursday). The room block will open for reservations in July. Information will be posted to the KEHA website (www.keha.org).
Congratulations to the members of the KEHA Choir under the direction of Wendy Hood, Choir Director and Mercer County KEHA President, on another outstanding performance. The choir will continue in 2019, and new members are welcomed. Interested KEHA members should send a $10 check payable to: Wendy Hood, 202 Park Avenue, Harrodsburg, KY 40330-1616. The funds will be used to cover the cost of copying and mailing sheet music and a rehearsal disk to the chorus members. The music will be provided in February, 2019. A rehearsal will be held at the 2019 KEHA State Meeting and the group will perform during the state meeting.
Dates to Remember
- June 30 – KEHA Year Ends
- July 1 – Due date for club reports to be submitted to the county
- July 16-18 – National Volunteer Outreach Network Conference, Pewaukee, WI