2022 KEHA State Board Elections – Please encourage qualified candidates to submit credentials by the April 9 deadline. Credentials are sought for a total of four positions to be elected in May 2022: President, Secretary, 4-H Youth Development Chair, and Management and Safety Chair. All will serve from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2025. Job descriptions for these positions are available on the KEHA website in the “State Board” section. Candidates for President or Secretary must submit the KEHA State Officer Credential form. Candidates for 4-H Youth Development or Management and Safety Chair must submit the KEHA Chairman Credential form. Credentials must be sent certified mail and postmarked by April 9, 2022. Mail credentials to Judy Jackson, KEHA Secretary, 5770 Ellison-Mt. Zion Road, Dry Ridge, KY 41035.
2022 KEHA State Meeting Updates – Registrations are arriving daily for the KEHA State Meeting May 10-12, 2022, at the Owensboro Convention Center. Visit the KEHA State Meeting website for information on making room reservations, registering for the event, and other details. A few highlights to note:
- Special hotel rates and discounted registration are available through April 11. The final deadline to register is April 25.
- The opening banquet on Tuesday, May 10, will feature keynote speaker Jason Koger who will share his inspiring story about leaning on his faith to overcome insurmountable obstacles. Attendees are encouraged to wear shades of blue to represent blue skies over the covered bridges.
- The general session on Wednesday, May 11, will feature a presentation by Allen Blair with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, District 9, who will share history and highlights of Kentucky’s covered bridges. We also welcome back the KEHA Choir for a performance.
- The awards luncheon will wrap up the meeting on Thursday, May 12.
- Seminar/Activity Notes: Several classes are full or almost full. For hands-on activities, both Candlewicking sessions are full, as is the No-Sew Quilt Block session. For seminars, both Paper Quilling sessions are full. Derby Delights is nearing capacity. The registration form online has been updated to reflect this. Refunds of the class fee will be issued at State Meeting for anyone whose payment was received after a class reaches capacity.
- Silent Auction: Each county is encouraged to bring an item to the State Meeting for the silent auction. Proceeds will be utilized to support the next KEHA Leadership Academy.
- Raffle Basket: Each area is asked to provide a themed gift basket for the State Meeting raffle. Proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Ovarian Cancer Research and Screening Program.
- Note: No alcohol is allowed in raffle baskets or silent auction items this year. Food may be included, but must not be consumed at the convention center. As always, thank you for your generosity and help in providing these items for the conference!
- Quilt Square Auction and Showcase: Quilt squares return this year! Details regarding the auction and showcase are available in the KEHA Newsletter. Proceeds will help offset costs associated with the KEHA State Meeting.
- Homemaker Showcase: Forms are due to Henrietta Sheffel by March 15. Each area can have up to two displays. These may be club, county, or area projects. Each state educational chairman also can submit one showcase display.
- Lodging Notes: The Hampton Inn room block is full. There is still room at the Holiday Inn. If you have rooms to release, please do so before the cutoff date of April 11. After April 11, please let us know before letting rooms go, so we can switch it to someone waiting for the group rate.
- A room block will soon be available at a third hotel not adjacent to the convention center. Details will be shared when available.
Membership Update – The total membership for this year is 10,845! This is an increase from last year. A complete membership report will be shared in voting delegate packets at the KEHA State Meeting.
Dates to Remember
- March 15 – KEHA Showcase forms due.
- April 9 – Postmark deadline for KEHA State Board elections credentials.
- April 11 – Deadline for hotel reservations for the State Meeting.
- April 11 – Postmark deadline for State Meeting registration at the reduced fee.
- April 25 – Final postmark deadline for State Meeting registration.
- May 10-12 – KEHA State Meeting at Owensboro Convention Center.
- May 15 – 990N Deadline for 501(c)(3) organizations with fiscal year ending Dec. 31.