KEHA State Meeting Updates – While the early deadline has passed, there is still time to register for the State Meeting May 10-12, 2022, at the Owensboro Convention Center. Visit the KEHA State Meeting website for information on registering and other details. A few highlights to note:
- The final deadline to register is April 25.
- NEW! Lunch Buffet Options – A “one-pass buffet” lunch option will be offered both Tuesday, May 10, and Wednesday, May 11, in the Convention Center lobby. There is no registration or sign-up required. Cost is $13 per person, including a bottled soda or water. Tuesday’s lunch will be roasted pork with bourbon sauce with roasted red potatoes and buttered corn. Wednesday’s lunch will be tossed salad with ranch dressing, pasta and meatballs in marinara sauce and garlic bread. The Convention Center provides excellent quality food, and participating in these meals helps KEHA offset the cost of the conference. Please consider joining us for lunch!
- NEW! Information Booth and Vaccines Offered – Healthcare professionals will be on site to talk about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines and how well they work. There will be a booth Wednesday, May 11, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the lobby of the convention center. There, you can register for a vaccination or booster appointment for Thursday, May 12, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Walk-ins are also welcome. If you are receiving a second dose or booster, please bring your COVID-19 vaccination card. People ages 50 and above can now get a second booster four months after receiving the first booster.
- NEW! Session Added – Learn about the importance of the adult immunization schedule with Dr. Allison Young on Wednesday from 1:30-2:45. This new session will be listed with the other sessions in the program. No registration is needed to attend.
- Special hotel rates have ended. If you have rooms to release, please have your county agent communicate with other agents first in case someone is still needing rooms at the group rate.
- The opening banquet on Tuesday, May 10, will feature keynote speaker Jason Koger who will share his inspiring story about leaning on his faith to overcome insurmountable obstacles. Attendees are encouraged to wear shades of blue to represent blue skies over the covered bridges.
- The general session on Wednesday, May 11, will feature a presentation by Allen Blair with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, District 9, who will share history and highlights of Kentucky’s covered bridges. We also welcome back the KEHA Choir for a performance.
- The awards luncheon will wrap up the meeting on Thursday, May 12.
- Seminar/Activity Notes: The registration form online has been updated to note that several classes are full. In addition, the following classes also are now full: Technology You Can Use: YouTube and Zoom, VSU Reporting Refresher, History of Aprons, all Bluegrass and Banjos tours, the Tuesday Plate It Up KY Proud Mobile Kitchen. The following hands-on activities also are now full: the Wednesday session of Red Work/Blue Work and Jr. Legal Pad Decorative Cover. Refunds of the class fee will be issued at State Meeting for anyone whose payment was received after a class reaches capacity.
- Silent Auction: Each county is encouraged to bring an item to the State Meeting for the silent auction. Proceeds will be utilized to support the next KEHA Leadership Academy.
- Raffle Basket: Each area is asked to provide a themed gift basket for the State Meeting raffle. Proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Ovarian Cancer Research and Screening Program.
- Note: No alcohol is allowed in raffle baskets or silent auction items this year. Food may be included, but must not be consumed at the convention center. As always, thank you for your generosity and help in providing these items for the conference!
- Quilt Square Auction and Showcase: Quilt squares return this year! Details regarding the auction and showcase are available in the KEHA Newsletter. Proceeds will help offset costs associated with the KEHA State Meeting.
KEHA State Board Elections – Credentials have been received for all positions and the nominating committee will review to confirm eligibility. The four positions to be elected in May 2022 are President, Secretary, 4-H Youth Development Chair, and Management and Safety Chair. All will serve from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2025.
National Volunteer Outreach Network (NVON) Conference – The 23rd annual NVON Conference will be hosted July 25-27, 2022, in Evansville, Indiana, near the western Kentucky border. Any KEHA member is eligible to register and attend. Meeting details are available on the NVON website.
Dates to Remember
- April 25 – Final postmark deadline for State Meeting registration.
- May 10-12 – KEHA State Meeting at Owensboro Convention Center.
- May 15 – 990N Deadline for 501(c)(3) organizations with fiscal year ending Dec. 31.
- June 20 – Postmark deadline for National Volunteer Outreach Network (NVON) Conference registration at regular rates.
- July 25-27 - National Volunteer Outreach Network (NVON) Conference in Evansville, Indiana.